News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

Hey plj that was a very...interesting win over the Gators in the Swamp.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 26, 2011, 04:25:17 PM
Go Blue. 

I actually watched that game and was very entertained by it.  I was very jealous of Ohio State's potent passing attack.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Maryland has reached new lows.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2011, 11:55:03 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 26, 2011, 04:25:17 PM
Go Blue. 

I actually watched that game and was very entertained by it.  I was very jealous of Ohio State's potent passing attack.
:lol: Texas that bad?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

I don't want to talk about nuthin.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2011, 11:55:03 PM

Miller played out of his mind.  Michigan mistakes gave him some breaks, but he played well enough with those to keep the game close.  He didn't have much help from his own team.

Agree it was a very entertaining game.  Too entertaining, if you ask me!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on November 27, 2011, 12:49:41 PM
Agree it was a very entertaining game.  Too entertaining, if you ask me!  :lol:

No shit.  I was, like, will you please put these guys away?  Fucking Bucktards just wouldn't lay down and die.

OttoVonBismarck

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 27, 2011, 02:00:41 AM
:lol: Texas that bad?

Texas' passing attack makes the atrocious passing defenses of the Big 12 look like the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

Rasputin

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2011, 11:54:26 PM
Hey plj that was a very...interesting win over the Gators in the Swamp.

jimbo is a horrible play caller

our line coach needs to be fired because we fail to get lineman downfield blocking linbackers...we are running a less sophisticated running attack than most pop warner teams

our running coach needs to be fired too; how hard is it to teach a tail back that we call the fullback the "lead blocker" because the guy with the ball is supposed to follow him through the hole not run in a whole different direction with no blockers...ugh

the good news is our defense is back, and for real, and we are state champs

Who is John Galt?

MadImmortalMan

So, do we really want Urban Meyer? I know he's an Ohio boy and all (why are so many coaches from Ohio, anyway?). Did he run the style of ball he did at Florida because that's what he had to work with, or because that's his style? He didn't have much of a recruiting network down there at the beginning--how does that plug in to the equation. OSU does seem to be using Florida as a pipeline recruiting state over the past decade. Just because the guy lives in Upper Arlington doesn't mean he's going to be a good fit. Don't want to make the RichRod mistake.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 28, 2011, 01:23:51 PM
Did he run the style of ball he did at Florida because that's what he had to work with, or because that's his style?

Pretty sure he ran the same spread at Utah and probably at Bowling Green as well.

PDH

Yeah, he has run that at all his stops.  Less finesse, more power than some other spread offenses from what I recall seeing.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

dps

My main concern with Meyer is that you can't be sure that he's not burned out.  Maybe the year off from coaching recharged his batteries, maybe not.