Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I've got my grode jar ready.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 24, 2011, 08:00:35 PM
I've got my grode jar ready.  :)

It's the jizz jar that has to do with the UT - TAMU game, and you don't have enough friends in the Corps of Cadets to get one of those "ready," I don't think.  The grode jar, as far as I know, is something gross they do to each other.

MadBurgerMaker

:XD:  Case McCoy just threw one of the worst looking passes I've ever seen that somehow got over a defender to Jaxon Shipley, who took off for like a 30 yard gain. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 24, 2011, 06:22:09 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 24, 2011, 06:10:41 PM
You remember incorrectly. They lost by two touchdowns.

:lol:  Only two huh?  Yeah.  Kudos to Georgia for managing to trade TDs with them at the end of the 3rd and in the 4th.  Too bad they were down 28-7 when they finally started doing that. 

Edit:  Fuckin Georgia letting everyone down like that.  Good thing TCU took care of business.

Sorry, man.  It's just the inherent nature of living with the supremacy of the SEC.  When you're too busy with THE MOST COMPETITIVE CONFERENCE IN THE LAND all season long, it's just tough to get up for a Boise.

MadBurgerMaker

Holy shit touchdown Texas!  Jaxon Shipley is a better QB than Case.

Hey nice and now a pick.  Oh and a really weird fumble gives it right back.  :huh: He just dropped it.

Valmy

Case did it man.  What a classic Texas-Texas A&M game.  That was one for the ages.  So proud of that team  :cry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2011, 12:06:04 AM
Case did it man.  What a classic Texas-Texas A&M game.  That was one for the ages.  So proud of that team  :cry:

Sacrificed his body for the win.  Very nice job by Case on that last drive.

Good things happening in the SA gameday thread:

From Gendo.  Although he's saying Texags has actually deleted the entire gameday thread, so there might not be much more good material.  They've always been pretty pathetic about anything bad, but I've never heard of them deleting the game thread.  Place must be absolutely melting down.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on November 24, 2011, 04:51:35 PM
... I do agree with what I see as the spirit of his point number 1--RR was hired to change the culture at Michigan, and was then fired as much for trying to change that culture as for his W-L record. 

I am not sure what this means.  RR was hired because the Michigan AD thought every team in the land was going to have to switch to the spread option, and he wanted Michigan to get the best guy available to do that.  I don't think "culture" was ever mentioned as a reason for the hire, nor can I think of anyone who thought that the existing culture at Michigan was a problem.  The only problem they had was that Gary Moeller had stayed as coach for too long after he lost any enthusiasm for it.

QuoteGranted, had his record been better, he would have had more leeway, but objective observers knew when he was hired that what he was trying to do wasn't going to happen overnight, and Michigan's administration would have to have a good bit of patience before he got real results.  Ultimately, the administration didn't have enough patience, IMO partly because many in the fan base and some in the administration itself didn't want the culture changed.

RR's disdain for/ignorance of Michigan traditions (which he made worse by getting rid of anyone who could have told him) like the Jersey bearing #1 admittedly helped poison his welcome, but what did him in was fielding three lousy teams, with later teams not noticeably better than previous teams.  Had he started winning games against real competition, he might have gotten more time.  The argument that the Michigan administration had to wait until he had lost four or five straight games against each of the team's major rivals and another two or three bowls before they got rid of him so that they would "show enough patience" sounds silly to me.  There is no reason to believe that RR's teams were getting better, and that waiting would bring better results.  The offense may have been getting marginally better but the defense in 2010 beat the record for "worst defense in Michigan history" set just the year before (which beat the record set by the 2008 defense, RR's first).

The fact was that RR failed at Michigan not because "the administration didn't have enough patience," but because he failed to see that his offense didn't work against solid defenses, and that he would thus need a defense of his own to slow down the other team.  It was quite clear that, had RR stayed another two years, Michigan might have gotten to the point where they could regularly beat Iowa or Illinois to reliably finish 5-3 in the Big 10 and go on to lose a bowl game, but that's not what anyone at Michigan wanted to settle for.  From that came the fan desire to see a change. 

It's pretty funny how the "objective observers" that knew that what RR "was trying to do wasn't going to happen overnight" don't take into account that Hoke has, in fact, accomplished overnight that which was supposed to be impossible for RR to accomplish overnight.  Of course, Hoke coaches players and coaches, and not schemes, so he plans for what his players can do rather than for what his scheme demands in a perfect world.  The result is that he poised to win as many B10 games in his first year as RR won in his whole time at Michigan, with one game to go.  Last year they gave up an average of 35 points; this year, they haven't given up 35 points even once.

If that's the result of "the administration" not having "enough patience," then fuck patience!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Hope the Razorbacks pull the upset!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 25, 2011, 02:55:16 PM

I don't want to see a rematch in the BCS title game, so I'm hoping that LSU wins and goes on to beat Georgia, while Alabama loses to Auburn.  That would set up a LSU vs ???? title game, but it probably wouldn't be a 2-loss Alabama, unless everybody else except Houston also ends up with 2 losses.

Personally, of the current 1-loss teams, I think I'd most like to see Stanford play LSU, but I'd settle for any of the other contenders as long as the title game's not a rematch. 

sbr

Quote from: dps on November 25, 2011, 03:09:58 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 25, 2011, 02:55:16 PM

I don't want to see a rematch in the BCS title game, so I'm hoping that LSU wins and goes on to beat Georgia, while Alabama loses to Auburn.  That would set up a LSU vs ???? title game, but it probably wouldn't be a 2-loss Alabama, unless everybody else except Houston also ends up with 2 losses.

Personally, of the current 1-loss teams, I think I'd most like to see Stanford play LSU, but I'd settle for any of the other contenders as long as the title game's not a rematch.

What's the problem with a rematch?  I think it is pretty clear that LSU and Alabama are the best 2 teams in the country, why would you want someone other than the clearly second best team play for the championship?

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on November 25, 2011, 03:13:07 PM
What's the problem with a rematch?  I think it is pretty clear that LSU and Alabama are the best 2 teams in the country, why would you want someone other than the clearly second best team play for the championship?

Because it is bullshit to LSU.  They already beat Bama at Bama.  Why should they have to do it again?  That is why I am not in favor of it personally.  But anyway if indeed these are by far the two best teams they should roll over Auburn and Arky right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2011, 03:36:08 PM
Quote from: sbr on November 25, 2011, 03:13:07 PM

Because it is bullshit to LSU.  They already beat Bama at Bama.  Why should they have to do it again?  That is why I am not in favor of it personally.  But anyway if indeed these are by far the two best teams they should roll over Auburn and Arky right?

If there was a playoff would you also be opposed to a rematch at some point during the tournament?  What if the Ravens meet the Steelers in the NFL playoffs, they already beat them twice, why should they have to play them again?

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on November 25, 2011, 03:42:35 PM
If there was a playoff would you also be opposed to a rematch at some point during the tournament?  What if the Ravens meet the Steelers in the NFL playoffs, they already beat them twice, why should they have to play them again?

That is not the way College Football works right now.

If there was a playoff?  Well sure but there isn't.  The regular season is supposed to be the playoff.  In any case LSU and Bama haven't won out yet.