And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 20, 2011, 08:52:50 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 20, 2011, 08:51:57 AM
Don't worry Val, I bet they change it again when they eventually go to 16 teams.

Well if they did go to 16 at least 1G sorta looks like 16.  Hey it is not Ohio State's fault Jim Delany is a dork.

If he helps get rid of the NCAA, I'll bow to a golden statue of him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

I think it sucks.  ND should be in the Big 10.  Heck ND's Hockey Conference is even about to fall apart as the Big 10 is about to form their own.  The very fact ND has a hockey team suggests it belongs in the Big 10 and not the ACC. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 20, 2011, 10:08:29 AM
I think it sucks.  ND should be in the Big 10.  Heck ND's Hockey Conference is even about to fall apart as the Big 10 is about to form their own.  The very fact ND has a hockey team suggests it belongs in the Big 10 and not the ACC.
BC has a perennial contender for the national championship doesn't it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

I read somewhere that one of Notre Dame's big reasons for not wanting to join the B1G (derp) was because of that alliance they have where they share research money.  Apparently, they don't like the idea of good Catholic $$ going toward stem cell research.  Might be bullshit, might not.  vOv

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 20, 2011, 10:09:26 AM
BC has a perennial contender for the national championship doesn't it?

I would hope you know the answer to that question.  But how many ACC teams are in BC's conference?  Zero.  That's right.

The Big 10 will be the only major conference that has hockey...in a year or so.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Apparantly TCU is a bit worried about their move to the Least.  The Mountain West is reminding them that the grass is not always greener...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Garrett Gilbert had shoulder surgery and is out for the season.  He was apparently injured during the Rice game.

I guess he'll get himself a medical redshirt year and transfer somewhere he can play.  Or not.  Whatever.  Doesn't really matter anymore.

What I wonder is if they'll stop putting Ash out there to run his version of the zone read (QB keeps the ball no matter what) now that there are only two QBs on the roster.  They might need to look in to checking out some of those ATH guys they recruited and teaching them the zone read or something just in case. 

Either that, or make plan B simply: Wildcat up and down the field with Fozzy.  I could dig it.

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 18, 2011, 03:49:56 PM
Rumors on the interwebs say that West Virginia has sent an application to the SEC.  :ph34r:

It's sounding like WVU was rejected by both the ACC and SEC.  Ouch.

Big 12 seems most likely at this point.  Just read that the Big East & Big 12 are talking about a merger. 

I just want all this shit to be over with soon.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

Quote from: derspiess on September 20, 2011, 11:34:30 AM

It's sounding like WVU was rejected by both the ACC and SEC.  Ouch.

Big 12 seems most likely at this point.  Just read that the Big East & Big 12 are talking about a merger. 

The Big Leftovers
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Sooners want Dan Beebe out.

QuoteDanBeebe Fake Dan Beebe
HOW ABOUT I REMOVE YOU INSTEAD OKLAHOMA. wait no dont go

:D
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Rasputin

Quote from: Valmy on September 20, 2011, 10:08:29 AM

qft
Who is John Galt?

Rasputin

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 20, 2011, 07:52:31 AM
Unlike the Big 12 they take pride in being able to count.
arent there 12 teams in the big 10?

:Embarrass:
Who is John Galt?

Rasputin

Quote from: Barrister on September 19, 2011, 08:59:54 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 19, 2011, 08:44:52 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 19, 2011, 08:40:11 AM
Why would Big 12 or ACC fold up shop however?

They are BCS conferences, and any member of those conferences have an excellent shot at a BCS bowl game.  They can just re-stock with members, some teams will rise to the top because of playing a weak in-conference opposition, and the world will go on?

I mean - isn't that what happened when the ACC poached some of the best teams away from the Big East several years ago?

The ACC is not going to.  They are going to be stronger than ever.

My mistake - meant Big East.

I've never heard of a "litmus test" for BCS conferences though.

it's true...if the conference doesnt have a top x finisher every so many years it can lose bcs status

I dont remember  what x is

i remember this from my gator bowl committee class
Who is John Galt?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Rasputin on September 20, 2011, 05:26:35 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 20, 2011, 07:52:31 AM
Unlike the Big 12 they take pride in being able to count.
arent there 12 teams in the big 10?

:Embarrass:
That's why they renamed it the B1G
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point