News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I WISH Wyoming was good enough to be a crap team - that is something to aspire to. At the present they are still below that.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 12, 2011, 11:27:12 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 11:09:10 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 12, 2011, 11:08:31 AM
Wait - Notre Dame would give up it's national deal with NBC?  Why would they do that?

The Big 10 pays more....and NBC sucks ass.  But seriously I have no idea.

I loathe NBC's college football announcers.

NBC Sports pretty much sucks across the board, has for years.  Anytime an event, league, or team I care about signs a deal with NBC I wanna puke.

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on September 12, 2011, 12:06:45 PM
I WISH Wyoming was good enough to be a crap team - that is something to aspire to. At the present they are still below that.

After their glorious steamrolling of the fightin' Frannies how can you say that?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

The good news about rooting for a horrible team is that I get to sit on the 50, about 18 rows up, every game.

The bad news is, of course, I have to watch them play.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 08:57:11 AM
Hey MBM and FM there is a guy named 'P' on Shaggybevo who has some interesting things to say breaking down the offense: http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/96678-BYU-was-a-good-test-for-our-offense-%28pics-included%29

He does that pretty regularly.  I am not sure he breaks it down well but it sure is an interesting read.

Man Gilbert was terrible.

I kinda feel sorry for the kid but he needs to spend some time in the wilderness.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 13, 2011, 06:12:27 AM
:D

Ok I do not get it.  Do you even know jack shit about Baylor or know anybody who went there?  What is all this anti-Baylor shit?

I guess Baylor should be happy with Tim opposing them they will probably win the conference now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

He is bandwagoning again, pure and simple.  He does not have to understand to hop aboard.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Why do you assume he's not simply amused by the clip? I mean, considering some of the other images he posts...  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2011, 08:48:39 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 13, 2011, 06:12:27 AM
:D

Ok I do not get it.  Do you even know jack shit about Baylor or know anybody who went there?  What is all this anti-Baylor shit?

I guess Baylor should be happy with Tim opposing them they will probably win the conference now.
Nothing personal against Baylor. I'm anti-Texas. Texas is wedded to the Big 12 and thus the Big 12 must die.  -_-

Edit: Also, if we get four super-conferences there's a good chance we'll get a playoff. 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 13, 2011, 09:09:38 AM
Nothing personal against Baylor. I'm anti-Texas. Texas is wedded to the Big 12 and thus the Big 12 must die.  -_-

You do realize that Texas will be fine, while there are several other schools that would probably get totally fucked by the loss of the Big XII, right?  I mean..you understand that Baylor is one of those and that's why they're reacting the way they are, no matter what the psychos at texags say, yes?

QuoteEdit: Also, if we get four super-conferences there's a good chance we'll get a playoff.

A good chance?  Why's that?

Valmy

Edit: Also, if we get four super-conferences there's a good chance we'll get a playoff. 

First if the School Presidents and Conferences wanted a playoff they would have it now.  Super Conferences are not going to get us there.  But they might fuck up the sports that DO have playoffs and ruin the tradition and pageantry of College Atheltics.

Second, you are a fucking idiot if you think the collapse of the Big 12 is going to hurt Texas.  The fans in this region will suffer and some of the smaller schools will suffer though.  But hey so long as you get whatever fucking delusional Timmy triumph you think you are getting I guess you can :w00t: it.

Nothing personal against Baylor?  What a joke you are basically tap dancing on their grave for fucksake.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2011, 09:29:24 AM

First if the NCAA wanted a playoff they would have it now.  Super Conferences are not going to get us there.  But they might fuck up the sports that DO have playoffs and ruin the tradition and pageantry of College Atheltics.

Second, you are a fucking idiot if you think the collapse of the Big 12 is going to hurt Texas.  The fans in this region will suffer and some of the smaller schools will suffer though.  But hey so long as you get whatever fucking delusional Timmy triumph you think you are getting I guess you can :w00t: it.

Nothing personal against Baylor?  What a joke you are basically tap dancing on their grave for fucksake.

First of all, tradition and pageantry mean nothing to me. I watch college football and basketball for the same reasons I watch AAA baseball. I love watching the sport and want to see the pro prospects play.

Secondly the NCAA doesn't have control over the football postseason, so what they want doesn't mean much. As things are currently set up, there's no chance of a playoff.

Four super-conferences would make it extremely easy to set up a playoff. You'd already have 4 Conference Championships and the National Championship in place. All that would need to be added is an intermediate round where the B1G and PAC-16 champs play, and the ACC and SEC champs play.

It wouldn't happen right away, but with that set up and the amount of money that's just there for the taking, it'll happen eventually.

1 Karma Chameleon point