NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 10, 2011, 10:45:47 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2011, 10:41:18 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 10, 2011, 10:40:01 PM
My God, what a game  :lol:

That...well....I can never remember an ending where the defenses looked so inept.  I mean really?

Fuck it it's football  :lmfao:

I was sitting there thinking 'I cannot believe what it is I am seeing'.

Just a...wild game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2011, 10:38:44 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2011, 09:02:57 PM
I've been doing that every year since Tim Brown graduated from Notre Dame, thank you.

Holy shit.  That game there at least was one kick in the balls.  Sorry man.

The only way they were going to stop Robinson tonight was if they managed to hit him with a Chevy in the stadium parking lot before the game.  Guy's more maddening than Vick or Stewart ever were.

CountDeMoney

0-2.
9 turnovers in 2 games.
Giving up an 80 yard TD drive in 30 seconds.

Season: FIN.

Berkut

Texas won, so that is unfortunate, but on the other hand Notre Dame got spanked, so the day is a mixed bag.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2011, 10:56:25 PM
0-2.
9 turnovers in 2 games.
Giving up an 80 yard TD drive in 30 seconds.

Season: FIN.

Some people (lots of 'em, actually) were predicting a BCS bowl for the Irish this year.  Now, it's gonna be a struggle for them just to get bowl eligible.

EDIT:  BTW, CdM, who you gonna root for on November 12?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on September 10, 2011, 11:03:40 PM
EDIT:  BTW, CdM, who you gonna root for on November 12?

I love my Irish, Lou Holtz is a coaching God, been watching them since my grandmother brainwashed me about faith, family and Joe Montana, but the Irish don't play in Maryland.  GO TERPS.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on September 10, 2011, 11:03:40 PM
Some people (lots of 'em, actually) were predicting a BCS bowl for the Irish this year.  Now, it's gonna be a struggle for them just to get bowl eligible.

Yeah I figured they were still in rebuilding mode.  It is not uncommon for teams in that phase to melt down like this.

If Kelly can somehow hold it together they might be alright.  But yeah...no BCS game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 10, 2011, 11:00:46 PM
Texas won, so that is unfortunate, but on the other hand Notre Dame got spanked, so the day is a mixed bag.

Well you may find joy in your hatertard heart soon.  Texas is young and working hard to get better but going on the road at UCLA, Iowa State and then OU in Dallas is a pretty tall order.

So never fear Berkie!

By the way how is Arizona feeling after that loss in Stillwater?  I watched some of the Duke-Stanford game and Stanford didn't look unbeatable or anything.  You think they have a chance at home?

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2011, 11:16:25 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 10, 2011, 11:00:46 PM

Well you may find joy in your hatertard heart soon.  Texas is young and working hard to get better but going on the road at UCLA, Iowa State and then OU in Dallas is a pretty tall order.

So never fear Berkie!

By the way how is Arizona feeling after that loss in Stillwater?  I watched some of the Duke-Stanford game and Stanford didn't look unbeatable or anything.  You think they have a chance at home?

This will be a year that I must gain whatever pathetic joy I can in despising other teams.

It's not like there will be any joy in Tucsonville otherwise, at least not until basketball season.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 10, 2011, 11:29:00 PM
This will be a year that I must gain whatever pathetic joy I can in despising other teams.

It's not like there will be any joy in Tucsonville otherwise, at least not until basketball season.

Are you sure you are not over-reacting a bit here?  Zona still has Nick Foles and alot of winnable games on their schedule.

Oklahoma State is really good and they were at home.

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2011, 11:33:46 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 10, 2011, 11:29:00 PM

Are you sure you are not over-reacting a bit here?  Zona still has Nick Foles and alot of winnable games on their schedule.

Oklahoma State is really good and they were at home.

I don't mind that they lost to OSU, that was expected. But I said that the game would tell us a lot about the Wildcats.

And what we found out was that the ridiculously young O-Line was not going to be some kind of miracle. They pass block ok, but there is zero running game. Our starting RB is too small, and has poor vision.

We will still score points because we have incredible depth at WR, and a gifted QB, but on the defensive side of the ball we have no line at all. No pass rush, and Stoops categorically refuses to adjust his defense (which is normally pretty good, to be fair) to the reality that he cannot generate a pass rush with any 4 of the lineman he cares to put on the field.

I cannot see Arizona winning any of the next 4 games.

0 rows returned

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2011, 06:19:01 PM
I am totally loving South Carolina's defense this season.  They may just be deep enough to win the big matchups in November.
Didn't they give up 42 points yesterday?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

OttoVonBismarck

I'm starting to think Notre Dame has entered a permanent decline that nothing can ever end. I know, I know, it's two games into the season. It is Kelly's second season though, and I'm not seeing that he has improved the team much.

It used to be a coach was expected to take 5 years to really prove themselves, I'd say the perception these days is 3 years is the most you're going to get before getting the hook.

Notre Dame's recruiting classes have consistently been good enough that they should have been significantly better than they have been the past 10 years. Charlie Weis was obviously a bad hire who was signed to a massive contract after a moderate level of early success. Brian Kelly I thought was a good hire, but he's definitely not engineering the sort of quick turnarounds he did at his previous two stops.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 11, 2011, 07:42:15 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2011, 06:19:01 PM
I am totally loving South Carolina's defense this season.  They may just be deep enough to win the big matchups in November.
Didn't they give up 42 points yesterday?

Subtract the points they scored, and it looks better.  :P