And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on August 26, 2011, 04:08:38 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 26, 2011, 01:51:19 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the idea of a Michigan - Appalachian State rematch sounds pretty good actually.  I mean - if you're going to schedule a cupcake, why not schedule a cupcake you have some history with.
Because there is no upside to playing Div-1AA teams.  There is no "history" of Michigan playing ASU - they've only done that once.  Why not play Army, with whom they have an interesting past history:  Army is one of two teams they could schedule (Cornell not being willing to play Div 1A teams) that actually has a winning record against Michigan, with more than one game played (Army is 5-4 against the Wolverines), and is roughly the equivalent of a MAC team.  Army plays non-series games and has that date open.  Why not against Toledo, whom Michigan has played the once and lost to, in 2009?  They do the same, and have the date open.

I am officiating a scrimmage at Cornell in a couple of weeks...

Not that it has anything to do with much of anything.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on August 26, 2011, 05:47:36 PM
I am officiating a scrimmage at Cornell in a couple of weeks...

Not that it has anything to do with much of anything.
Cornell is 12-6 against Michigan.  Unlike UNC or Army, Michigan can't overcome the loss deficit in a game.  They are the one school that truly had Michigan's number.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on August 26, 2011, 02:23:11 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 26, 2011, 02:06:15 PM
And of course, it's all the SEC's fault.  :mad:

What is the SEC's fault?

According to you, scheduling OOC games for the W against weak opponents, as opposed to scheduling OOC games for the W against the Big 10 and ruining the BCS computer every week with their uberskillz. :P

katmai

I feel your pain grumbles. Washington has scheduled games vs Eastern Washington and Portland St in next few years.

Even fact that EWU is defending Div II-AA  champs doesn't make it any better.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

Wyoming is playing Weber State this year, but that it is OK because the Pokes stand a fair chance of losing!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Grumbler, are you opposed to 1A teams scheduling games against 1AA teams in general (or at least, opposed to teams in the 6 conferences that get automatic BCS berths doing so) or only opposed to it when it's Michigan that does it?

grumbler

Quote from: dps on August 29, 2011, 05:17:33 AM
Grumbler, are you opposed to 1A teams scheduling games against 1AA teams in general (or at least, opposed to teams in the 6 conferences that get automatic BCS berths doing so) or only opposed to it when it's Michigan that does it?
Opposed in general (that's why they divided into divisions to begin with, because the competition isn't fair) and when Michigan does it, in particular.

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

Why would anyone want to join the Big-9?

Who ever heard of a rat fighting to get onto the ship?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 29, 2011, 07:53:47 AM
Who then?

We will see if the league expands at all.  I do not have alot of confidence in the leadership.

BYU would be nice because not only would it give us a Mountain State school but it woud rebalance the north and south.  On the other hand it is BYU :yuck:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2011, 08:25:25 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 29, 2011, 07:53:47 AM
Who then?

We will see if the league expands at all.  I do not have alot of confidence in the leadership.

BYU would be nice because not only would it give us a Mountain State school but it woud rebalance the north and south.  On the other hand it is BYU :yuck:

Jim McMahon is not amused.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on August 29, 2011, 08:18:42 AM
Why would anyone want to join the Big-9?

Who ever heard of a rat fighting to get onto the ship?

Schools who want our overbid TV contract.  Schools who the PAC 10 doesn't want and cannot get into another BCS league.