News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on June 22, 2011, 07:56:56 AM
Honestly, I am kind of torn on the Oregon thing.

On the one hand, they've become my favorite team to hate after the Masoli thing.

But at the end of the day I am a Pac-10 guy, and the last thing the Pac-10 needs is the other legit top-10 program in the conference getting whacked right after USC shit themselves.

And if this mess with Oregon does go somewhere, it could be worse than USC. USC could at least argue that their issues were largely driven by a particular player. If Oregon has done what it looks like they've done, their issues are institutional, and they won't stop with Lyles.
Utah wins the conference in its 1st year? :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

You may be right grumbles but he came so tantalizingly close...

anyway North Carolina also going down: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/06/21/ncaa.unc/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a1

If you're an NCAA rules junkie, reading the Notice of Allegations handed down on North Carolina's football program Tuesday must be like unwrapping the latest iPhone.

It's got everything.

Academic fraud? There's an app for that. Extra benefits? More different types from more different people than you could possibly fit on one screen. Agents? Oh, so many agents -- both real and wannabes. And then there's John Blake, the assistant coach who was secretly working for a sports agent while employed by the university. He might get his own page in the next NCAA manual.

For all the tawdry scandals that have tarnished college football over the past 12 months -- from USC to Tennessee, from Cam Newton to Jim Tressel -- one can easily argue that the nine major violations levied against Butch Davis' program Tuesday contain more filth and more blatant disregard for the rule book than any of them.

What a masscre.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2011, 04:43:57 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 17, 2011, 10:19:43 AM
:yes:

Just the other day I ran a 40 in under 10 seconds. :w00t:

A lot of people can run 40 feet in 10 seconds.

Did I say ran? I meant drank.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Valmy on June 22, 2011, 09:19:57 AM
You may be right grumbles but he came so tantalizingly close...

anyway North Carolina also going down: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/06/21/ncaa.unc/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a1

If you're an NCAA rules junkie, reading the Notice of Allegations handed down on North Carolina's football program Tuesday must be like unwrapping the latest iPhone.

It's got everything.

Academic fraud? There's an app for that. Extra benefits? More different types from more different people than you could possibly fit on one screen. Agents? Oh, so many agents -- both real and wannabes. And then there's John Blake, the assistant coach who was secretly working for a sports agent while employed by the university. He might get his own page in the next NCAA manual.

For all the tawdry scandals that have tarnished college football over the past 12 months -- from USC to Tennessee, from Cam Newton to Jim Tressel -- one can easily argue that the nine major violations levied against Butch Davis' program Tuesday contain more filth and more blatant disregard for the rule book than any of them.

What a masscre.

This mess hasn't been discussed as much in the media because obviously Carolina hasn't had the success that USC, Oregon, or THE Ohio State University have enjoyed, but yeah, it's looks pretty bad.  Of course, I hear more about it than most, I suppose, given that I like down here now (though since I'm not a fan of either NC or NC State, I don't pay as much attention to it as I might).  Except for the John Blake thing, most of it actually seems rather minor, but there's just so much of it.  Yeah, I can buy that the coach didn't (and can't) know everytime one of his players attended a party that he shouldn't have;  the coach can't keep track of the exact movements of all his players all the time, but the "Coach O'Brien didn't know" defense has been used so much in the past year that it seems that he never has any idea where any of his assistants or players are, or what they're doing.

MadBurgerMaker

Wasn't there a State fan here at one point?

Who can spot it?

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

So the Pac-12 started last week, it was interesting to find out only two teams from conference never to make it to a Rose Bowl in the existence of the Pac-10.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: katmai on July 05, 2011, 03:29:55 PM
So the Pac-12 started last week, it was interesting to find out only two teams from conference never to make it to a Rose Bowl in the existence of the Pac-10.

I thought only Arizona. You counting Colorado and Utah in that?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

grumbler

Arizona and ????
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Can we focus on Oregon and their upcoming sanctions please?

0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 05, 2011, 03:39:43 PM

I thought only Arizona. You counting Colorado and Utah in that?

Arizona has never been there, the other team I'm counting is Oregon St. They last were in Rose Bowl in 1965, so not in the 1979-2011 life of the Pac-10.
:)

Berkut

OSU is the other school, btw.

0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on July 05, 2011, 04:01:31 PM
Can we focus on Oregon and their upcoming sanctions please?

When and If the NCAA does something about it sure.