News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 07, 2011, 04:32:31 AM
So, USC was stripped of their 2004 Championship. Does anyone care? We all remember who won the Orange Bowl.

I remember you sucking Pete Carrol cock.  The rest is sort of a blur.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2011, 09:20:21 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 07, 2011, 04:32:31 AM
So, USC was stripped of their 2004 Championship. Does anyone care? We all remember who won the Orange Bowl.

I remember you sucking Pete Carrol cock.  The rest is sort of a blur.

Timmay on a  bandwagon? What a shocka.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Pretty good article looking insude how the Pac-1012 media deal came about.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/05/09/Media/Pac-10.aspx

I wonder what the next deal is going to look like...If that Pac-12 can get $250 million a year, does that mean the SEC and Big-10 are worth even more? Or is this deal going to be the one that people later say "Yeah, they totally over-paid there..." and the prices drop back to something a bit less insane?

The Pac-12 signed a 12 year deal though. That seems like a long time...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on June 07, 2011, 11:22:33 AM
and the prices drop back to something a bit less insane?

I don't know man.  Fox just set up that $90 million dollar deal with the Big 12 for whatever games are left over after ABC/ESPN show theirs.  Iowa State vs. Kansas type stuff.  It just keeps going up, and the Big 12 and Big 10 are going to be getting new deals in the next 4 years.  Shit, ESPN is investing $300 million into the Longhorn Network alone. 

Edit:  Holy shit, speaking of a lot of years on a contract, I didn't know the BTN contract was through 2031-32.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 07, 2011, 11:56:57 AM
Shit, ESPN is investing $300 million into the Longhorn Network alone.

Yeah that is fucking crazy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

dps

Whether or not prices drop back depend more on the ratings and advertising revenue than anything else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2011, 12:10:19 PM
Yeah that is fucking crazy.

I'm pretty happy about being able to watch every Horns baseball game for the next 20 years. :punk:

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 07, 2011, 12:15:36 PM
I'm pretty happy about being able to watch every Horns baseball game for the next 20 years. :punk:

Oh my God me to.  Generally Texas fans only care about the Football team but maybe more will start to appreciate the glory that is the baseball team to because of this station.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2011, 12:17:23 PM
Oh my God me to.  Generally Texas fans only care about the Football team but maybe more will start to appreciate the glory that is the baseball team to because of this station.

Hey speaking of which, they have the Super Regional schedule up on NCAA.com: Arizona State @ Texas starting Friday at 6 Central on ESPN. 

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/2011-06-07/super-regional-sites-times-released

(Oh and go Dallas Baptist too)

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 07, 2011, 12:23:07 PM
Hey speaking of which, they have the Super Regional schedule up on NCAA.com: Arizona State @ Texas starting Friday at 6 Central on ESPN. 

I have tickets!  So pumped!

But I have a stupid dinner party I have to attend Saturday night goddamn it.  Ah well DVR.

I am pumped for this.  Arizona State is the biggest bunch of bush league punks in College Baseball.  Texas Humiliating them and watching that hypocritical douche Pat Murphy cry in 2009 is one of my most treasured sports memories.  Naturally they are playing despite being on probation and a post-season ban but are appealing it...which is so much crap because they know they did it.  Really it is hard to vocalize just how loathsome that school is.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2011, 12:25:58 PM
I have tickets!  So pumped!

But I have a stupid dinner party I have to attend Saturday night goddamn it.  Ah well DVR.

A dinner party? Bill from Sinton is going to show up and stab you.

QuoteI am pumped for this.  Arizona State is the biggest bunch of bush league punks in College Baseball.  Texas Humiliating them and watching that hypocritical douche Pat Murphy cry in 2009 is one of my most treasured sports memories.  Naturally they are playing despite being on probation and a post-season ban but are appealing it...which is so much crap because they know they did it.  Really it is hard to vocalize just how loathsome that school is.

I hope all their seniors bail immediately when they lose the appeal.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 07, 2011, 12:33:38 PM
A dinner party? Bill from Sinton is going to show up and stab you.

It is a free meal at one of the nicest restaurants in town...and really it would have been the height of rudeness to turn it down.

And I had to commit to this weeks ago...I just had to hope there would not be a Super Regional game that night and of course there is.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2011, 12:42:42 PM
And I had to commit to this weeks ago...I just had to hope there would not be a Super Regional game that night and of course there is.

It always seems to work out like that.

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2011, 12:25:58 PM
I am pumped for this.  Arizona State is the biggest bunch of bush league punks in College Baseball.  Texas Humiliating them and watching that hypocritical douche Pat Murphy cry in 2009 is one of my most treasured sports memories.  Naturally they are playing despite being on probation and a post-season ban but are appealing it...which is so much crap because they know they did it.  Really it is hard to vocalize just how loathsome that school is.

:yes:

I am really starting to like you valmy...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Pryor leaving Ohio State.

Braxton Miller is da future.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive