Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2011, 10:15:23 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 30, 2011, 09:26:45 AM
Sweater Vest resigned. :weep:

:nelson: :nelson: :nelson: :nelson: :nelson: :nelson: :nelson: :nelson: :nelson: :nelson: :nelson: :nelson: :nelson: :nelson: :nelson:

ditto

Though his resignation isn't what I want to see so much as MAJOR penalties to the program.   :menace:

CountDeMoney

I understand Lloyd Carr is available.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2011, 11:45:06 AM
I understand Lloyd Carr is available.

Now you are just being hurtful.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

dps

Well, I think that they are going to give Fickell a chance to impress them and get the job on a permanent basis.  Of course, they're so spoiled that it might take 12 wins to impress them enough to keep him on.  But if they don't, hey, at the end of the season Bill Stewart will be available.   :P

But seriously, unless the team completely crashes under Fickell, their best bet is probably to give him a real opportunity to coach the team beyond this fall.  They're likely to be hit with some pretty serious NCAA penalties (  :nelson: ) and few name coaches are going to be interested in spending 3 or 4 seasons on probation, likely without any bowl games.

Berkut

Latest rumor is that Sean Miller is front runner for the job. Wildcat nation is freaking out, again.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on May 30, 2011, 05:41:28 PM
Latest rumor is that Sean Miller is front runner for the job. Wildcat nation is freaking out, again.

He can't handle the Big Ten.

Ed Anger

I thought about burying my red sweater vest (IT WAS A GIFT) but decided that would have been creepy as hell. Plus it is warm on those chilly fall days.

Ed Anger

MadBurgerMaker

sbr

Damn.  They have to hit OSU harder than they hit USC if even half of that article is true.  Too bad they can't SMU 'em.

MadBurgerMaker

There are also more investigations focused on Pryor now.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2011/05/30/zzz.html

QuoteThe NCAA and the Ohio State University's compliance office are conducting an independent investigation of Terrelle Pryor amid allegations that the star quarterback may have received cars and other extra benefits, sources told The Dispatch today.

And ahahaha I hope this is related:

QuotePryor arrived at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center in a Nissan 350z with temp tags from May 24. He waved to the cameras.

http://twitter.com/#!/TheLantern

:lol:

Edit: Oh The Lantern is apparently Ohio State's student newspaper.

Edit2:

Incredible. 

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on May 30, 2011, 10:30:38 PM
Damn.  They have to hit OSU harder than they hit USC if even half of that article is true.  Too bad they can't SMU 'em.
If they did that would be hilarious.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Sadly, Luke Fickell is an idiot.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers