And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 30, 2011, 11:12:48 PM
Quote from: sbr on May 30, 2011, 10:30:38 PM
Damn.  They have to hit OSU harder than they hit USC if even half of that article is true.  Too bad they can't SMU 'em.
If they did that would be hilarious.

The NCAA is never going to give a team the death penalty again.  I'm not sure they're ever even going to give a team a no-TV penalty again.  The worst that Ohio State can expect is 5 years with no bowls and major, major scholarship reductions.  Not that that wouldn't be very bad for them.  And yeah, all things considered, I'd say that Ohio State should get at least as hit as hard as USC.  The violations by players that have been confirmed (not counting the unconfirmed allegations) aren't nearly as bad as the extra benefits that Reggie Bush got, but the falure to report by Tressel when he was told about it and especially his lying about it later are bad.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 30, 2011, 09:26:45 AM
Sweater Vest resigned. :weep:

He had to be sacrificed for the good of Brutus.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

I think this episode just shows the lengths one has to go to to be successful at a cold weather school these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Yet another Oregon football player having bonding time with the Po-lice.

http://www.registerguard.com/web/sports/26312793-41/coleman-alcohol-officers-alonso-court.html.csp

Chip Kelly, when hearing that one of his players had been picked up by the police, said that he was deeply concerned and would demand serious consequences that could include a possible scolding or even loss of game time in "some future game, probably in the 4th quarter". When told it was a third string freshman linebacker, Coach Kelly kicked him off the team.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on May 31, 2011, 12:06:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 30, 2011, 09:26:45 AM
Sweater Vest resigned. :weep:

He had to be sacrificed for the good of Brutus.

I guess. Still going to be 5 years in the wilderness though.

edit: Corrected HIDEOUS grammar. Tim-like grammar.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on May 31, 2011, 12:08:24 PM
I think this episode just shows the lengths one has to go to to be successful at a cold weather school these days.
I'm going to keep that comment in mind as the next few years pass.  It is either brilliant or looney, and I don't know which.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2011, 02:29:46 PM

http://www.registerguard.com/web/sports/26312793-41/coleman-alcohol-officers-alonso-court.html.csp

Chip Kelly, when hearing that one of his players had been picked up by the police, said that he was deeply concerned and would demand serious consequences that could include a possible scolding or even loss of game time in "some future game, probably in the 4th quarter". When told it was a third string freshman linebacker, Coach Kelly kicked him off the team.
You got "Oregon Football Police" on google alert or something?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 31, 2011, 08:44:24 PM
Jealousy is such an ugly emotion.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: dps on May 31, 2011, 03:16:29 AM
The NCAA is never going to give a team the death penalty again.

Yep.  If the NCAA had suspected at the time that SMU was going to be completely destroyed as a football program they never would have done it.  They are staging a bit of a comeback recently though.  It has been really hard for SMU alums to see their hated rival TCU have so much success.

Berkut

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 31, 2011, 08:44:24 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2011, 02:29:46 PM

Nothing that can't be found reading Ted Millers Pac-10 blog. Errh, Pac-12 blog I mean.

It's not like you have to go looking for the latest news from Thug-U.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on June 01, 2011, 09:06:33 AM

I usually read the Dorsey4Heisman blog for my Thug U news.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2011, 09:09:49 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 01, 2011, 09:06:33 AM

I usually read the Dorsey4Heisman blog for my Thug U news.

Somebody is still bitter over the Cotton bowl.

Valmy

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2011, 09:04:18 AM
Quote from: dps on May 31, 2011, 03:16:29 AM
The NCAA is never going to give a team the death penalty again.

Yep.  If the NCAA had suspected at the time that SMU was going to be completely destroyed as a football program they never would have done it.  They are staging a bit of a comeback recently though.  It has been really hard for SMU alums to see their hated rival TCU have so much success.
Seems obvious in retrospect what would happen. What did they expect?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2011, 09:17:13 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 01, 2011, 09:13:44 AM
Somebody is still bitter over the Cotton bowl.

:ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra:

Bill in Sinton didn't hook 'em horns enough that week.