News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

56,700.  They didn't keep that pretty huge number up the whole first season, of course, but they still averaged ~36,000 the rest of the way.  Both numbers ended up being some sort of start-up record over the previous highs set by USF.

Now they just need to figure out how to not suck on the field.  I worry about the fact that Larry Coker is their coach.  Yeah, he's a "name" coach and sure he won a NC, but...uh...those weren't his recruits, and Miami has pretty much been in the shitter ever since.

E:  Maybe I'm being too hard on them saying they sucked.  They were brand new and managed to go 4-6 with three of the losses being by a FG.  That's not so bad.  They're probably going to get wrecked this season in the WAC though.  Even though it's a weak ass conference, it's still D1 football with established programs.  Hopefully they'll at least keep things competitive.  Or, you know, go undefeated.  That would be just fine as well.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 21, 2012, 02:14:54 AM
Corner-ish, mid level seats are the best seats.

Yeah, they are;  best way to see plays developing.

FunkMonk

UTSA

Looking at their schedule next year they play Oklahoma State here. :o
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 21, 2012, 07:23:04 AM
Corner-ish, mid level seats are the best seats.

Yeah, they are;  best way to see plays developing.

Pretty shitty when the action is on the other side of the field, though.  I have a hard time telling between a 2 yard run and a 5 yard run.  I prefer 50-yard line, mid-level, even though I rarely seem to get that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 21, 2012, 07:46:41 AM
Looking at their schedule next year they play Oklahoma State here. :o

They've got a lot of bodybag games coming up in the next few years.  Hopefully they won't be totally broken by these things.  Four or five games a year against AQ schools seems like way more than normal (although Houston wasn't joining an AQ conference when they scheduled that series) for lower level mid-majors. 

The home and homes are because of the location (recruiting) and the dome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 24, 2012, 10:36:22 AM
I prefer 50-yard line, mid-level, even though I rarely seem to get that.

That's why it's called "club level".  Damned 1%ers.  :mad:

Valmy

John L Smith has been hired as Arkansas' interim coach.   That is a dang coaching hire mistake.  The coaches are coaching their tails off and the AD keeps screwing it up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2012, 10:40:29 AM

The student section at Uwyo is from the 30 to the 30, bottom section of the bleachers.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Seating at CIS games I've attended has been first-come, first served.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2012, 12:59:55 PM
John L Smith has been hired as Arkansas' interim coach.   That is a dang coaching hire mistake.  The coaches are coaching their tails off and the AD keeps screwing it up.

Hey speaking of dumb moves, did you see A&M is getting rid of Bill Byrne?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 24, 2012, 01:09:18 PM
Hey speaking of dumb moves, did you see A&M is getting rid of Bill Byrne?

Yep.  It is sort of like firing Eisenhower a month before D-Day.  The Aggies are getting ready to be doormats in the SEC: first they downgrade their coach, then they downgrade their AD.  Next they are going to level their facilities and play all their games at Consolidated High School.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on April 24, 2012, 01:06:10 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2012, 10:40:29 AM

The student section at Uwyo is from the 30 to the 30, bottom section of the bleachers.

Tuition = PSLs

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2012, 01:10:15 PM
Yep.  It is sort of like firing Eisenhower a month before D-Day.  The Aggies are getting ready to be doormats in the SEC: first they downgrade their coach, then they downgrade their AD.  Next they are going to level their facilities and play all their games at Consolidated High School.

It's Jackie Sherrill though (maybe)!  Maybe they'll get a little boost and put together a couple good seasons before they get nailed for paying recruits.  Football only though.  Everything else is probably going to go back to being total shit except maybe meat judging. 

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 24, 2012, 01:14:41 PM
It's Jackie Sherrill though (maybe)!  Maybe they'll get a little boost and put together a couple good seasons before they get nailed for paying recruits.  Football only though.  Everything else is probably going to go back to being total shit except maybe meat judging. 

Buying players will not give A&M an advantage in the SEC.  Though maybe they will no longer lose to Sunbelt teams so often.