News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I'm thinking of going to the Ohio State spring game. Mainly to check out what kind off student muff shows up for the free tickets.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2012, 02:15:06 PM
I'm thinking of going to the Ohio State spring game. Mainly to check out what kind off student muff shows up for the free tickets.

So what's up with the Ray Ray avatar, Ed? Good to see you finally find The Light.

I guess Chris Spielman's halo neck brace wouldn't fit in the picture LULZES

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on April 17, 2012, 02:07:53 PM
Hey MBM did you see the latest Aggie fail?

Well they left out...Texas. Maybe they got confused about where they live?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

I expected more from the Aggies than that T-shirt fuck up.  That's something Michigan State would do.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on April 17, 2012, 02:07:53 PM
Hey MBM did you see the latest Aggie fail?

Yeah, I saw that one.  I'm so glad they're gone. 

MiM, Texas is on the back.  Missouri is nowhere to be found.

E:  From BFans via Shaggy:

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2012, 02:17:29 PM

So what's up with the Ray Ray avatar, Ed? Good to see you finally find The Light.

I saw the pic in some article about Ray and I thought it would be a good avatar. Annoyed Ray Ray amuses me.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2012, 02:22:36 PM
I expected more from the Aggies than that T-shirt fuck up.  That's something Michigan State would do.

Well damn, they'd break some trophies if they had some.  They just have to stick to t-shirts and....the other things they do.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2012, 02:37:35 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 17, 2012, 02:17:29 PM

I saw the pic in some article about Ray and I thought it would be a good avatar. Annoyed Ray Ray amuses me.

You need to change your avatar - I see a Ray Ray avatar and immediately assume it is Seedy. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Only if you ask nicely and say 'please'.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2012, 02:49:03 PM

That was a far kinder response than I expected.   :blush:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on April 17, 2012, 02:50:52 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2012, 02:49:03 PM

That was a far kinder response than I expected.   :blush:

I'm taking a new path in life.

No joke.

grumbler

Dave Brandon, Michigan's AD, just made the first major faux pax of his reign as AD at Michigan:  he announced today the the Michigan Marching Band would not be going to the Alabama game at Jerryworld.  No announced reason, but the expense (probably $400k) is assumed to be the reason.  He had arranged for game tickets for the band to be provided gratis in the contract, so he surely expected the band to go when he signed the contract.  Alabama is, of course, bringing their band (even though they are officially the visiting team).

Fan reaction has been highly negative.  All the major websites are organizing email campaigns (I am no joiner, but even I sent one).  The MMB is a huge part of the Michigan brand, and it is stupid not to include it on such a massive stage (every sports site and magazine rates this as the top non-conference game of the year, and it is prime time).

It will be interesting to see if DB caves on this.  He never has in the year he has been there, but has never faced pressure, either.  I am hoping he does, because that means that he will cave when he tries to introduce a mascot, too (Michigan doesn't use a mascot any more; they tried, in the 1930s, but Wolverines are far too ferocious to actually have as live mascots) when Michigan's tradition is that they proudly don't have, or need, a human-dressed-as-an-animal mascot given the results of their earlier efforts to have the real thing.

The mascot thing is the real elephant in the room, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Most of the Wolverines got gunned down by the Cubans near that Colorado town anyway.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

UTSA has announced that they're going to be playing football in the Dome for the foreseeable future, and are cancelling the plans to build an "on campus" (it's not really on campus, but pretty close) stadium in their new athletic complex.  Or at least they're cancelling the plans to build the stadium (a small ~35-40,000 seat horseshoe) where they had initially planned.

I kinda like this.  While on campus stadiums are awesome and all, the location they had initially selected....well it seemed lame and stupid to me.  I live about, oh, 5 minutes from UTSA's main campus, and it would have been almost as much of a PITA to get to the new location as it would to just go to the Alamodome, and it would probably be even more difficult for students to get there.  I, at least, have a fairly major-ish road that I can take.  The students would have to go down a little two lane road through a neighborhood (!) to get there.

They own a shitload of property around here, including some that is directly adjacent to the campus.  Why they wouldn't just build it in one of big, empty places that currently only accomodates trees and dirt confuses me greatly. 

E: For even more clarification, the new complex is going to have a new baseball field, basketball arena, track, soccer, etc, fields.  Pretty much everything is being replaced by new facilities out there.   In order to put the "old" football stadium out there though, they'd actually have to buy more property along the highway, and tbh, it looked like if they ever wanted to expand it, there wouldn't be room.  Unless they didn't care about the bleachers/upper decks of the expanded/closed off end of the horseshoe hanging over the damn access road.

This also means they'll definitely be able to keep selling beer at football games, which I'm all for.  Naturally.

E2:  Large picture incoming:

Yeah that's right.  Mid-major football.  I was sitting on the left side of this photo.  Corner-ish, mid level seats are the best seats.  That's the opening kickoff of the inaugural game.

MadImmortalMan

Bot a bad crowd. I'm impressed.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers