News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 22, 2012, 12:59:11 PM
The whole Sandusky scandal I almost don't care so much about, it shows he cared more about his football team's image than little boys getting raped in his showers, but that's really just indicative of what college football is. I don't doubt that almost any coach in D-IA would have done the same as Paterno in that situation, college football views itself as bigger than life, and bigger than right and wrong.

Bo wouldn't have done what Paterno did:
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/iteam/2011/11/bo-schembechler-would-not-have-fumbled-a-scandal-the-way-joe-paterno-has-booted-penn-s
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on January 22, 2012, 05:11:00 PM
Bo wouldn't have done what Paterno did:

No, I don't believe he would've.

Valmy

Mack Brown had one of his longest subordinates let go for harrasing an adult woman much less raping a boy.  I have a hard time imagining him letting that one go by.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

Schembechler was a standup guy, as I said "almost any coach would have done what Paterno did", Bo was one of the ones I was thinking of who wouldn't have allowed a pedophile to continue having an existence in his facilities. Bo genuinely embraced leadership, coaches like Paterno, and really most of the IA crop, embrace leadership when it is to their benefit and hide behind the institution and excuses when they don't want the buck to stop with them.

It's a shame Schembechler coached at a school filled with fuckwits and douchebags, he would have fit in more with the less academically prestigious but more personable people at Ohio State.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2012, 05:35:30 PM
Mack Brown had one of his longest subordinates let go for harrasing an adult woman much less raping a boy.  I have a hard time imagining him letting that one go by.

And when hearing that a longtime assistant apparently was a pedophile, Jim Boehoeim calls the accusers money grabbers and blasts them on national television (obviously that's basketball and not football.)

I think there are scattered individual coaches who have enough personal integrity that they would have made sure the right thing was done in the PSU situation. But I think most coaches are, well, good coaches but not necessarily great leaders or great men. When most of them would have the opportunity to report a long time subordinate to the police for horrible crimes and most likely significantly damage their own reputations in the process or sweep it under the rug--I fear almost all of the coaches in IA would sweep it under the rug.

Paterno didn't fail to go to the police because of any loyalty out of Sandusky, he did it because he was afraid as to how it would look when it came out a guy who worked for him for 30 years was a boy raping pedophile that had utilized Penn State facilities as locations for his child raping.

MadBurgerMaker

old freak nasty   

:yuk:

Scipio

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 22, 2012, 05:38:50 PM

And when hearing that a longtime assistant apparently was a pedophile, Jim Boehoeim calls the accusers money grabbers and blasts them on national television (obviously that's basketball and not football.)

I think there are scattered individual coaches who have enough personal integrity that they would have made sure the right thing was done in the PSU situation. But I think most coaches are, well, good coaches but not necessarily great leaders or great men. When most of them would have the opportunity to report a long time subordinate to the police for horrible crimes and most likely significantly damage their own reputations in the process or sweep it under the rug--I fear almost all of the coaches in IA would sweep it under the rug.

Paterno didn't fail to go to the police because of any loyalty out of Sandusky, he did it because he was afraid as to how it would look when it came out a guy who worked for him for 30 years was a boy raping pedophile that had utilized Penn State facilities as locations for his child raping.
Boeheim and Paterno believed they were bigger than kiddie rape.  That's the kind of shit thinking you get out of insular crapholes from people who think that evil doesn't happen around people who win championships.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 22, 2012, 05:35:56 PM
It's a shame Schembechler coached at a school filled with fuckwits and douchebags,
Never knew you attended.  Learn something new every day.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on January 22, 2012, 07:25:44 PMNever knew you attended.  Learn something new every day.

No, sadly I couldn't honestly answer the question on the application that said, "Do you have the largest ego of anyone you've ever met?" and I can only surmise that is why I didn't get in.

But I have met you, and from that I feel 100% confident in generalizing about all people who went to school there, without exception or reservation.

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 22, 2012, 07:42:59 PM
No, sadly I couldn't honestly answer the question on the application that said, "Do you have the largest ego of anyone you've ever met?" and I can only surmise that is why I didn't get in.
I can only surmise that you then woke up, and your pillow was gone!

QuoteBut I have met you, and from that I feel 100% confident in generalizing about all people who went to school there, without exception or reservation.

You have met me?  When was that?

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on January 22, 2012, 07:53:00 PMYou have met me?  When was that?

I'm sorry I wasn't listening.

Valmy

Ok you West Virginia fans here is their 2012 football schedule:

1-Sep Marshall
15-Sep JMU (@DC)
22-Sep Maryland
29-Sep Baylor
6-Oct at Texas
13-Oct at Texas Tech
20-Oct Kansas State
27-Oct OPEN DATE
3-Nov TCU
10-Nov at Oklahoma State
17-Nov Oklahoma
24-Nov at Iowa State
1-Dec Kansas

So they get Texas the week before they play OU.  The lucky lucky bastards.  At least it is not in Morgantown...Texas gets that next year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Rasputin

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on January 22, 2012, 05:35:56 PM
Schembechler was a standup guy, as I said "almost any coach would have done what Paterno did", Bo was one of the ones I was thinking of who wouldn't have allowed a pedophile to continue having an existence in his facilities. Bo genuinely embraced leadership, coaches like Paterno, and really most of the IA crop, embrace leadership when it is to their benefit and hide behind the institution and excuses when they don't want the buck to stop with them.

It's a shame Schembechler coached at a school filled with fuckwits and douchebags, he would have fit in more with the less academically prestigious but more personable people at Ohio State.
:D someone hasn't met many buckeyes

as a general rule i have concluded that ohio state fans are the mid west version of gators

most have never set foot on a college campus and are more obnoxious than marty on gay pride day
Who is John Galt?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Rasputin on February 14, 2012, 02:29:49 PM
as a general rule i have concluded that ohio state fans are the mid west version of gators

lol so true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I0K-ymOTS4

Valmy

Hey MBM did you see the latest Aggie fail?

http://throwtheflagblog.com/2012/04/16/texas-am-isnt-very-good-at-geography/

North Carolina is in the SEC!  My God they are dumbasses.