News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2015, 09:40:37 AM
Arena, no Arenas, Quebecor or No Quebecors, the Nords are a dead dream, an unsustainable dream. Let them RIP.

This is HABS country now, boy.

So long as NHL teams in Florida is a thing there is always hope.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Arena, no Arenas, Quebecor or No Quebecors, the Nords are a dead dream, an unsustainable dream. Let them RIP.

Vive les Nordiques!  WHA solidarity forevah! (except for the Oilers)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 11, 2015, 09:47:30 AM
(except for the Oilers)

Jealousy is not a good look for you BB.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2015, 09:46:07 AM

The NHL has teams in Florida because it makes sense for the National TV rights Holders, adding a team in Quebec City will do nothing for Rogers and cost NBC millions.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2015, 09:48:08 AM
(except for the Oilers)

I'm pretty sure I'm not jealous of a team that is perpetually the worst team in all of hockey.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 11, 2015, 10:05:45 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2015, 09:48:08 AM
(except for the Oilers)

I'm pretty sure I'm not jealous of a team that is perpetually the worst team in all of hockey.

I think we can all agree there is no reason to be jealous of the Leafs.  But if you want to compare how many cups WHA teams have won...

Neil

Yeah, the Oilers are total garbage now, and have been for years and years now.  Honestly, even their last Finals run was an aberration in an ocean of suck.  But they definitely had glory years in the 80s and early 90s.  That was a pretty long run of total domination.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on June 11, 2015, 11:28:32 AM
Yeah, the Oilers are total garbage now, and have been for years and years now.  Honestly, even their last Finals run was an aberration in an ocean of suck.  But they definitely had glory years in the 80s and early 90s.  That was a pretty long run of total domination.

Yeah I would rather be a has-been like the Oilers than a never-were like our clubs BB :P

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2015, 01:29:30 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 11, 2015, 11:28:32 AM

Yeah I would rather be a has-been like the Oilers than a never-were like our clubs BB :P

:blurgh:

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

viper37

Good for the Blackhawks.  Solid team they got there.  I do wonder if they'll be able to keep their core intact though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2015, 09:46:07 AM

Did I not post about how Glendale City Council has purported to "cancel" the Coyotes lease, and the whole mess is back in court?  It's fascinating if you get off on sports-legal stories (and I do).

viper37

Going to court that means what?  The Coyotes management team gets a temporary injunction to force the city into paying them while they hear the cause in various tribunals?  So they go to local court, than District appeal court, than Federal court than Supreme court?  So in 15 years or so, year 17-18 out of 20 year deal, the courts will rule that the city had the rights to cancel the lease?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

The team is out of the city in 3 more years when Vegas has it's arena ready.

So in year, 17-18 of a 20 year deal that was nullify by the other party in year 5.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Jaron on May 31, 2015, 11:25:11 PM
Oh well. At this point I'd like to see Chicago win. My friend, a rabid Kings fan, wants the Lightning to win so Chicago can't claim a dynasty has begun. He'd like Los Angeles to do that. I suspect the best of LA is behind us though.

Dynasty  :sleep:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain