News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Watch the Calder Cup!  The Comets are one win away from making the Cup finals.  The city is electric.  Tickets sold out in a matter of hours on a Monday morning for Tuesday's game 6.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2015, 12:15:39 PM
Not sure who to pull for here, since my bandwagon team (the Ducks) has lost out.

Both teams have some big star players who I can't really hate (Toews and Stamkos).  I don't really like pulling for a multiple-winner like the Hawks, but neither do I like pulling for sunbelt teams like the Lightning (plus, they have won a cup 12 years ago anyways).

Meh - CFL training camps have started - that's probably what I'll pay attention to.
I'm mildly pulling for the Blackhawks, because I've always been somewhat partial to them.  But yeah, I haven't actually watched a hockey game since Calgary and Montreal went out, nor am I likely to.  Just waiting fo rht eNFL to start up at this point, although I'm sure I'll be a little excited about the CFL, as by the time they start up I'm so football-starved that I'll watch the CFL.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Guess what - more drama in the desert as the City of Glendale calls a special meeting to cancel it's 15 year lease with the Coyotes. :lol:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/coyotes-crisis-rears-ugly-head-at-terrible-time/

*cue Sonny and Cher playing on the clock radio*
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

And the Glendale City Council does in fact vote to rescind the lease agreement.  The Coyotes promise a massive lawsuit in response.

QuoteOkay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

sbr

The Portland Coyotes has a nice ring to it.

Barrister

Quote from: sbr on June 11, 2015, 12:37:04 AM

TheNHL would be happy to have a team in Portland.  Question is does Paul Allen want to pay the hundreds of millions of dollars the NHL would want to see as a fee paid.

sbr

Quote from: Barrister on June 11, 2015, 12:38:38 AM

TheNHL would be happy to have a team in Portland.  Question is does Paul Allen want to pay the hundreds of millions of dollars the NHL would want to see as a fee paid.

Until recently the answer was no, and he didnt want the competition for the Trailblazers.  But a couple of years ago he hired Chris McGowan, who ran the LA Kings when they won a Stanley Cup, to run the Blazers and the word is is that now McGowan has Allen convinced that an NHL team can make money even along side an NBA team.  It also helps that Portland has one of the better NHL arenas around already built and waiting.

viper37

Quebec City Coyotes... hmm, that's nice.  I think I can get used to it.

But it's never gonna happen :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Keep hope alive Viper!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

If Tampa loses this series will their local newspaper accidentally print the article that says they won?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on June 11, 2015, 08:59:09 AM

Damn, right!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on June 11, 2015, 08:59:09 AM

Keep the faith Viper - Quebec City will get a team.

Grey Fox

and then lose it to Portland or Kansas City While Winnipeg in the same year will win the Cup.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2015, 09:37:10 AM
and then lose it to Portland or Kansas City While Winnipeg in the same year will win the Cup.

Bah!

Grey Fox

Arena, no Arenas, Quebecor or No Quebecors, the Nords are a dead dream, an unsustainable dream. Let them RIP.

This is HABS country now, boy.