And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Jaron on May 12, 2014, 09:53:37 PM
Bye Boston! Not this year!  :homestar:
it ain't over yet, and the Habs have yet to win 2 games in a row...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

I'm not a particular fan of any of the teams left, but the Habs-Bruins series has been entertaining.

I took my brother in law to his first hockey game last night, an ECHL conference semi-final.  I hadn't been to a Cyclones game all season.  Not many people were there due to the Reds game next door, but it was a good time.  Finally got to see an empty net goal and caught a puck for Tommy.  Cyclones won the series and move on to the finals for their conference.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Quote from: viper37 on May 13, 2014, 05:07:36 PM
Quote from: Jaron on May 12, 2014, 09:53:37 PM
Bye Boston! Not this year!  :homestar:
it ain't over yet, and the Habs have yet to win 2 games in a row...

We will soon find out if they have what it takes!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Allez les Habitants!  I eagerly await Zoupa's victory dance.

It is time to party like its 1979 eh?  Rangers vs. Habs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Congrats to the jabs fans. Still kind of surprised by the rangers Win though.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Clearly my hockey prognostication skills are demonstrably faulty - never thought the Habs would make it this far.  Grats guys.

While I can see them taking the Rangers, I can't see how they survive any of the remaining Western Conference teams though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jaron

It looks like the Kings hold on for another game.

The big question in WEST - Can LAK defeat the Ducks at home in Game 7?

The Kings are looking slower and clumsier each game and I think two rough series has worn them down. Even if they beat Anaheim, I can't see them finishing off Chicago.

Prediction: Blackhawks repeat.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Zoupa

Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2014, 10:50:54 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 22, 2014, 10:48:46 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 06, 2014, 11:43:03 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 06, 2014, 10:59:49 PM
Patch is getting hot at just the right time.  Hell, the whole team is hot at the right time.

I'm going to love their first second round flame-out. :menace:

Ahem.

Cheerfully corrected. :)

Ahem.

Zoupa

Quote from: Zoupa on May 08, 2014, 01:28:50 AM
Im cautiously optimistic Val... If we take game 4 we finish it in 5 in Boston. If they win tomorrow... I don't know. It'll go to 7 and then just flip a coin.

:showoff:

Ah, the Bruins. You big, stupid crybabies.

I hope we finish the Rangers quickly. Gonna need to rest up for the Hawks...

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on May 14, 2014, 10:53:14 PM
Clearly my hockey prognostication skills are demonstrably faulty - never thought the Habs would make it this far.  Grats guys.

While I can see them taking the Rangers, I can't see how they survive any of the remaining Western Conference teams though.

That's true for ANY East team.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on May 15, 2014, 01:52:02 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on May 08, 2014, 01:28:50 AM
Im cautiously optimistic Val... If we take game 4 we finish it in 5 in Boston. If they win tomorrow... I don't know. It'll go to 7 and then just flip a coin.

:showoff:

Ah, the Bruins. You big, stupid crybabies.

I hope we finish the Rangers quickly. Gonna need to rest up for the Hawks...
Listen to Claude Julien. The Habs are the cry babies, always whining about everything, even in victory.  Sore losers and sore winners too it seems.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on May 15, 2014, 01:50:11 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2014, 10:50:54 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 22, 2014, 10:48:46 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 06, 2014, 11:43:03 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 06, 2014, 10:59:49 PM
Patch is getting hot at just the right time.  Hell, the whole team is hot at the right time.

I'm going to love their first second round flame-out. :menace:

Ahem.

Cheerfully corrected. :)

Ahem.

I pre-empted your snark by already posting my mea culpa.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Lucic acted like quite the cunt in the handshake line (and in the rest of the series too I guess).

Lucic said to Dale Weise in the line: "I'm going to fucking kill you next year" and he said something similar to Emelin.

Here is a 20 second video of his fuckery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUMHBW1Gm8k

Although it also looks like PK kind of gave it to him:

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on May 15, 2014, 02:30:21 PM
Listen to Claude Julien. The Habs are the cry babies, always whining about everything, even in victory.  Sore losers and sore winners too it seems.

Cry moar!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."