News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 07, 2013, 11:44:48 AM
All sports come from the British.  One wonders what the other countries did to amuse themselves before the British came along.

The Frogs invented tennis.  Central Asians invented proto-polo.  Greeks invented track and field and wrestling.

Josephus

Didn't a Canuck invent Basketball? And what about ice-hockey? Lacrosse?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

An ex-Canuck invented basketball.  A pre-Canuck invented lacrosse.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 07, 2013, 08:15:07 AM
Quote from: HVC on May 06, 2013, 08:49:09 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2013, 08:48:00 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 06, 2013, 08:46:39 PM
Why couldn't they have beaten Montreal in the last game? Why? :(
They couldn't beat Montreal in the last game of the season.  What makes you think they could have taken them in the playoffs?
the three other games they won (as opposed to the one against Boston) and the way Montreal is playing now.

The way Montreal is playing right now the Leafs would be down 0-3. Reimer is no Anderson.
you still so sure about that?

Although its a shame Montreal keeps losing so many of their key players.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 07, 2013, 08:32:49 PM
An ex-Canuck invented basketball.  A pre-Canuck invented lacrosse.

Neither were Brits, though, was my point.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

I was not being literal there guys.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on May 07, 2013, 09:08:38 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 07, 2013, 08:15:07 AM
Quote from: HVC on May 06, 2013, 08:49:09 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2013, 08:48:00 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 06, 2013, 08:46:39 PM
Why couldn't they have beaten Montreal in the last game? Why? :(
They couldn't beat Montreal in the last game of the season.  What makes you think they could have taken them in the playoffs?
the three other games they won (as opposed to the one against Boston) and the way Montreal is playing now.

The way Montreal is playing right now the Leafs would be down 0-3. Reimer is no Anderson.
you still so sure about that?

Although its a shame Montreal keeps losing so many of their key players.

Yes, Leafs sucks.

I don't like blaming the refs for loses but this they are not responsible. The war room in Toronto is. That wasn't good goal, ffs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Valmy

HAHA!  TAKE THAT YOU MISERABLE RANGER BASTARDS!!!11

That was so cool I am not even going to watch the 3rd period.  THe Caps got this!!11
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Damn nerve wracking game.

HVC

Fuck. You can mock me now grey fox.

Neil

You suck for liking evil hockey teams.

Man, I didn't like CBC showing the guys wife right after he got scored on.  That wasn't cool in my book.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: Neil on May 08, 2013, 09:52:03 PM

Man, I didn't like CBC showing the guys wife right after he got scored on.  That wasn't cool in my book.
they were showing her and his mom all game.

Oh well, they put up a valiant fight.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on May 08, 2013, 09:58:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 08, 2013, 09:52:03 PM

they were showing her and his mom all game.

Oh well, they put up a valiant fight.
Yeah.  My wife and I were discussing her ugly watch.  But I would rather have not seen them right at that moment.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2013, 08:29:10 PM
HAHA!  TAKE THAT YOU MISERABLE RANGER BASTARDS!!!11

That was so cool I am not even going to watch the 3rd period.  THe Caps got this!!11
lulz.