News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

And I wouldn't call them goons. They hit, but they hit clean. It's not like its a team full of Matt cooke's or anything.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2013, 09:22:08 PM
Really?  After cheering for the Flames for all those years, there's no loyalty whatsoever?

You're a cold, cold man Mr. Prosecutor.

It was only a pale, pale shadow of my Jets fandom.

They were like the rebound girl you dated for awhile - she's a decent person, don't wish her any ill will, but she was never The One and you always kind of knew it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Quote from: HVC on April 23, 2013, 09:32:18 PM
Oh, I doubt they'll go all the way, but they'll go further then Montreal and Ottawa. Vancouver, well it depends when loungo decides to choke.

Luongo won't get the chance.

Valmy

S-E-D!  S-E-D!

Champs baby!  :cool:

Hell of a way to finish eh?  I think this Oates guy may work out after all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Oh and Ovechkin for MVP.  That is all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 23, 2013, 10:32:13 PM
S-E-D!  S-E-D!

Champs baby!  :cool:

Hell of a way to finish eh?  I think this Oates guy may work out after all.

DIAF.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

This thread beagan in 2011, shouldn't there be seasonal threads liek there is for other sports/?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 24, 2013, 05:43:23 AM
This thread beagan in 2011, shouldn't there be seasonal threads liek there is for other sports/?

We don't need that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 24, 2013, 06:09:44 AM

We don't need that.
Why not?

Is this an admission of hockey[s innate inferiority?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

:ike:

It's not has popular as the NFL, no, if that is what you mean.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 24, 2013, 06:12:27 AM

Well, it's less popular than Baseball in North America, but if you just look at this message board I would say that Hockey is more popular than Baseball. ANd bawseball has it's own yearly thereads on this board. So if Hockey is more popular it should have its own yearly threads as well.

1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

it's not like someone is going to start reading the thread from the top. why start a new one? Americans are so wasteful :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 24, 2013, 06:17:05 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 24, 2013, 06:12:27 AM

Well, it's less popular than Baseball in North America, but if you just look at this message board I would say that Hockey is more popular than Baseball. ANd bawseball has it's own yearly thereads on this board. So if Hockey is more popular it should have its own yearly threads as well.

Baseball only has a yearly thread because you are the one starting it.

Neil

Baseball is even more retarded than basketball.

There's no real reason to do a new thread every year, so we'll just get by with this one.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

We'll start a new thread when the Leafs win the Stanley Cup....

...so, yeah, not in this lifetime.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011