Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on April 23, 2013, 03:01:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2013, 02:39:53 PM
Little over 3 hours to puck drop.

Come on Ovi, combust!  You're feeling warmer and warmer, warmer and warmer...

He is leading the lead in goals so he has been pretty hot...

Hence my desire to see him burst into flames. :shifty:

And while Ovi is leading the league in goals, guess who is number 15 in the league for number of goals?  Jets captain Andrew Ladd.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2013, 03:08:05 PM

And while Ovi is leading the league in goals, guess who is number 15 in the league for number of goals?  Jets captain Andrew Ladd.

guess who cares? no one but you, so shut your trap.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

I fear for the Jets.  They had a shot, but they let it go, and now the Rangers aren't looking like they're going to stumble.

The Jets are the Oilers of the East, only with much better veteran leadership and less young talent.  And I suppose they lack the glorious history, but that was a long time ago.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2013, 03:37:29 PM
I fear for the Jets.  They had a shot, but they let it go, and now the Rangers aren't looking like they're going to stumble.

The Jets are the Oilers of the East, only with much better veteran leadership and less young talent.  And I suppose they lack the glorious history, but that was a long time ago.

Jets are nothing like the Oilers of the East.  They've been in the playoff hunt all season, not polishing up their golf clubs.

Yeah, the Rangers have an easy schedule and don't look like they'll be caught.

But check out the current standings:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=con#&navid=nav-stn-conf

Jets have 51 points.  3 teams have 52 points - Rangers, Senators, and Capitals (and yes, they all have a game in hand).  Unfortunately it is the Sens who are slumping recently, so maybe they'll be caught.  Or, of course, if the Jets can win tonight, maybe they can still win the south east.

crazy canuck

Its warming up even in your part of the world.  Time for hockey to end.

Neil

And the Oilers were in the playoff hunt until last month when they shit themselves.  The only difference is the Jets have more ability to recover, due to the easy schedule.  Ultimately though, both are bad teams right now that don't belong in the playoffs.

Still, the Jets aren't mathematically out of it, so there's always hope.  Really, I'm much more impressed by Ottawa clinging to life.  When Karlsson went down, I wrote them off.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 23, 2013, 03:50:34 PM

There's still snow on the ground.  It's still hockey weather.

I think I can feel Ovechkin tugging at his shirt collar even from here...

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2013, 03:52:22 PM
And the Oilers were in the playoff hunt until last month when they shit themselves.  The only difference is the Jets have more ability to recover, due to the easy schedule.  Ultimately though, both are bad teams right now that don't belong in the playoffs.

Still, the Jets aren't mathematically out of it, so there's always hope.  Really, I'm much more impressed by Ottawa clinging to life.  When Karlsson went down, I wrote them off.

But it's not just a question of being mathematically eliminated - they still have a very real shot at it.  If the Jets win both of their games, and the Rangers or Ottawa win only one of their remaining three (or Washington, after losing to Winnipeg, loses on of their remaining two) then there is joy at Portage & Main.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2013, 03:55:52 PM
then there is joy at Portage & Main.

only until the next gust of wind reminds everyone where they are.

katmai

But it's not just a question of being mathematically eliminated - they still have a very real shot at it.

Until they lose  tonight.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 23, 2013, 04:07:13 PM

But it's not just a question of being mathematically eliminated - they still have a very real shot at it.

Until they lose  tonight.

That, as they say, is why they play the game.  :cool:

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2013, 04:46:51 PMThat, as they say, is why they play the game.  :cool:

To lose tonight?

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2013, 03:53:16 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 23, 2013, 03:50:34 PM
There's still snow on the ground.  It's still hockey weather.
Really?  I haven't seen any today.

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on April 23, 2013, 05:13:58 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2013, 04:46:51 PMThat, as they say, is why they play the game.  :cool:

To lose tonight?
goal three minutes in by the capitals. BB you brought this on yourself :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.