News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

no longer conflicted. i wanted that point :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on April 10, 2013, 08:42:27 PM
your team is still going in on a stupid rule. Hide those sunglasses in shame

It is more joy at seeing Oates' system hitting a high gear and the season being turned around.  And the timing could not have been better.

Besides there is still alot of Hockey to be played they might not make it in.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Hockey can be a frustrating game.  Last night the Jets had there first honest-to-goodness blowout win of the season.  7-2 over the Panthers.  It was glorious.  The crowd was jeering Florida tough guy George Parros' mustache for goodness sakes!

Then you look at the out-of-town scoreboard and realize that everybody who the Jets are chasing also won. <_<

Jets fate is not entirely in their own hands.  They're in 9th place.  Technically tied with NYR with 44 points, but NYR has 2 games in hand.  Then, 2 points behind WSH, NYI and OTT (all of whom again have games in hand).

So to make the playoffs, the Jets need to finish strong (which seems doable - they're on a 3 game winning streak), PLUS need one or more of the Rangers, Islanders, Senators or Caps to stumble.

It's very doable, but it sucks having to rely on someone else losing...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Habs clinched last nite. :yeah: 15th to Playoff spot, turn around baby.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

fhdz

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 12, 2013, 12:14:32 PM

Blackhawks :smoke:
and the horse you rode in on

Neil

Yeah, 15th in the conference last year, and now they're probably going to finish third in the league, points-wise.  They play with speed and skill, but there's also a toughness and grit to this team that I haven't seen out of the Habs in years.  They just overcome.  Plus they got Bouillon back, which helps.  That guy doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but he's a warrior.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on April 12, 2013, 11:57:54 AM
Hockey can be a frustrating game.  Last night the Jets had there first honest-to-goodness blowout win of the season.  7-2 over the Panthers.  It was glorious.  The crowd was jeering Florida tough guy George Parros' mustache for goodness sakes!

Then you look at the out-of-town scoreboard and realize that everybody who the Jets are chasing also won. <_<

Jets fate is not entirely in their own hands.  They're in 9th place.  Technically tied with NYR with 44 points, but NYR has 2 games in hand.  Then, 2 points behind WSH, NYI and OTT (all of whom again have games in hand).

So to make the playoffs, the Jets need to finish strong (which seems doable - they're on a 3 game winning streak), PLUS need one or more of the Rangers, Islanders, Senators or Caps to stumble.

It's very doable, but it sucks having to rely on someone else losing...
They had their chance though, and they threw it away.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Well the Jets certainly did themselves no favours by going on a 5-game losing streak. <_<

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2013, 09:17:29 AM
Well the Jets certainly did themselves no favours by going on a 5-game losing streak. <_<
And in local news, the Oilers did pretty much the same thing.  After they demolished Vancouver at Easter, everybody was picking their place to riot during the playoffs.  And then the Oilers do what the Oilers do, and all of the sudden it's all weeping and gnashing of teeth.

HVC

Quote from: Neil on April 13, 2013, 07:52:55 AM
Yeah, 15th in the conference last year, and now they're probably going to finish third in the league, points-wise.  They play with speed and skill, but there's also a toughness and grit to this team that I haven't seen out of the Habs in years.  They just overcome.  Plus they got Bouillon back, which helps.  That guy doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but he's a warrior.
if boston didn't lose against fucking carolina montreal would be in fourth now. I'd rather the leafs play montreal. Not only is there a better chance they can beat them ( :P ) it would just be a cool series.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Oilers fire Tambellini as GM - then turn around and hire MacTavish back as their new GM! :lol:

I'm sure glad I'm not a fan of these goofs so I can just sit back and laugh at them...

Barrister

And they hired Scott Howson too! :lol:

Neil

Still, given the talent on the team it's possible that one of these years they'll luck into success again.  And then you'll really see some stupid shit happen.  Plus you'll get to prosecute rioters!

Barrister

Another frustrating night in Jetsland.

Jets win in an OT nailbiter.

But then you look at the out-of-town scoreboard - Rangers, Islanders and Senators also all win.  So Jets remain in 9th (though tied with the Rangers in 8th. the Rangers have a game in hand).  Only good news was that Washington lost, which means the Jets are 3 points out of winning the SE.

Saturday's game against the Islanders is HUGE.

Grey Fox

Every game is huge.

Looks like Boston isn't going to play anymore games this year.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.