Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 08, 2013, 02:41:37 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 08, 2013, 02:04:08 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 08, 2013, 01:14:59 PM
I hope they get us Gamer Center Live/Ice free this season. Make us Whole, NHL.
:lol:

They just fought a war that has completely devastated the viability of the league in the US outside traditional strongholds.  What makes you think that the league is going to be giving anything away for free?
To make us whole, damn it!
They don't care about that.

You know, I wish I had RDS sometimes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on January 08, 2013, 12:06:26 PM
Hey Viper - Jamison is *still* trying to find investors to purchase the Coyotes.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/report-jamison-still-seeking-financing-to-purchase-coyotes/

I'm telling you man - don't worry.  You've got this in the bag - eventually.
Jesus Christ.  Get them to Quebec city and stop the drama!  Middle East investors, now??  Wtf??
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Neil on January 08, 2013, 04:18:25 PM
you don't get it in ROC?  Weird.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on January 08, 2013, 04:29:42 PM
you don't get it in angloland?
You can pay extra for it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on January 08, 2013, 04:30:27 PM

Apparently some anglo Habs fans will sign up for RDS to watch Habs games, despite not speaking any French themselves.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on January 08, 2013, 04:32:27 PM
Apparently some anglo Habs fans will sign up for RDS to watch Habs games, despite not speaking any French themselves.
That makes sense.  Also, I find that the French commentators are really quite good.

Grey Fox

Like all of us. How much is it?

RDS carries 19 games exclusively, in either languages (in a 82 games season).

Pierre Houde has gotten much better over the years, his new partner, Marc Denis, is very good analyst. Joel Bouchard was the best analyst they add but he quit to go run his QJMHL team.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Never have trouble watching Leafs games on TV, so I'm not the least concerned. :P
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on January 08, 2013, 11:02:29 PM
Never have trouble watching Leafs games on TV, so I'm not the least concerned. :P

:ultra:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Really?  You've never been watching a Leafs game, and then wondered why you were subjecting yourself to such torture and bad hockey?

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on January 08, 2013, 04:32:27 PM
Once upon a time, the games were on CBC French (SRC).
One day, they went on strike.
SRC aired the games with only the hockey sound, no commentators.  The ratings went up :P

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on January 08, 2013, 11:48:49 PM
Really?  You've never been watching a Leafs game, and then wondered why you were subjecting yourself to such torture and bad hockey?

In all honesty? Yeah. I actually get bored with the whole thing by October. I'll probably give the whole thing a miss this year ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on January 09, 2013, 09:49:36 AM
Quote from: Neil on January 08, 2013, 11:48:49 PM
In all honesty? Yeah. I actually get bored with the whole thing by October. I'll probably give the whole thing a miss this year ;)
For me, it's the other way.  I can't start caring until after the Superbowl.

Josephus

Yeah, but for me, by then the Leafs are already out of playoff contention.
Civis Romanus Sum

Grey Fox

The center of the Hockey Universe is exploding right now. Burke got fired!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.