News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on September 12, 2012, 03:40:02 PM
Different mayors administration/different city council and different possible ownership group. So fuck off frog loving fruit.

Um ok so you are glad they left?  I was expressing regret the Sonics left.  You think I like having Durant play for those Okie fucks?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on September 12, 2012, 03:48:47 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 12, 2012, 03:40:02 PM
Different mayors administration/different city council and different possible ownership group. So fuck off frog loving fruit.

You drunk kat? :huh:

No i am not.

Valmy, i read it as why didn't this owner group step up 5 years ago, or the piece of shit Nickels didn't roll over and stop fighting the douche Okies.
Frankly I could give a fuck about NBA, i'm more excited by prospects of Hockey coming.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on September 12, 2012, 06:37:55 PM
Frankly I could give a fuck about NBA, i'm more excited by prospects of Hockey coming.

The cold climate has limited your brain function.  I thought it only happened in Edmonton.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 13, 2012, 11:46:29 AM
Quote from: katmai on September 12, 2012, 06:37:55 PM

The cold climate has limited your brain function.  I thought it only happened in Edmonton.

All the weed smoke has affected yours. NBA ball :x
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

I enjoy basketball still CC. Just won't follow NBA.

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on September 13, 2012, 12:28:42 PM
I enjoy basketball still CC. Just won't follow NBA.

I suppose there is still hope for you then.

viper37

Back to real sports :P

A couple of nice ones here :)

http://ygreck.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c5dd653ef017744a912dc970d-800wi

Yuppi: the mascot.
Anarcho-panda and Banana rebel, symbol of the anarchist students.
Gabriel Nadeau Dubois, a former student leader who organized violent protests.

And this one here, not really nice for Katmai's friend, but nonetheless funny:

Basically it says: "Hell no!  Not him again!"
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

TSN is putting up KHL highlights on their web page. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

NHL's Edmonton Oilers owner, president check out Seattle

Hockey team, which seeks a new arena in Edmonton, looks for relocation options if a deal in that city falls through.

By Jayson Jenks

Seattle Times staff reporter

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
Hopefully they aren't just using us as leverage to scare Edmonton to get a deal done. (September 24, 2012, by rudy j) MORE
Read all 1 comments
Post a comment

advertising

The Edmonton Oilers confirmed that members of the NHL team's leadership group, including owner Daryl Katz and president Patrick LaForge, were in Seattle for meetings and attended Monday night's Seahawks game.

The Oilers, whose lease at Rexall Place runs out in 2014, have long been looking for a new arena deal but have yet to come to terms with Edmonton. The meetings in Seattle, according to the team's statement, provide the Oilers with options for relocation if a deal falls through.

The statement also said that the Oilers "remain committed to working with City Administration to achieve a deal commensurate with what Winnipeg and Pittsburgh have done to sustain the NHL in those small markets."

The Oilers' leadership group was reportedly touring KeyArena, which would be the team's home until Seattle builds a proposed $490 million arena in the Sodo District.

The Oilers, who routinely draw sold-out crowds, have been working on an arena deal for four years, according to the statement.

"If we can achieve such a deal, the Oilers will remain in Edmonton and we can get on with the important work of developing the new arena and investing in the continued revitalization of Edmonton's downtown core," said Bob Black, executive vice-president of the Katz Group, in a prepared statement.

"Nonetheless, and as the City of Edmonton is aware, the Katz Group has been listening to proposals from a number of potential NHL markets for some time. After more than four years of trying to secure an arena deal and with less than 24 months remaining on the Oilers' lease at Rexall Place, this is only prudent and should come as no surprise."

Barrister

Moving to Seattle is such an empty threat. :lol:

Now, I think Seattle could support an NHL team mind you.  But it'd be the number 4 sport in town (maybe even 5 or 6, after the Sounders and Huskies - assuming a Soncs return).  And the Oilers are certainly profitable in Edmonton these days.

Valmy

Oh fuck no not the Oilers.  Come on there are dozens of shit teams in the NHL who have no fans, take one of those not one of the actual interesting teams.  The league is colorless and boring enough as it is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 25, 2012, 12:09:30 AM
Oh fuck no not the Oilers.  Come on there are dozens of shit teams in the NHL who have no fans, take one of those not one of the actual interesting teams.  The league is colorless and boring enough as it is.

Well first of all - fuck the Oilers.  They're not interesting in the least.

But like I said - this is a completely empty threat.  It's right out of the NHL Ownership 101 manual. 

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on September 25, 2012, 12:22:20 AM
they have potential, though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 25, 2012, 12:22:20 AM

Interesting enough for you to hate them.  That is more than I can say for most NHL clubs.