News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Damn I hate the Flyers in general, but Crosby is a real cheapshot artist. At least he went in a few scrums today, but he's a failure as a leader on that team.

And Fleury is really stinking up the joint.

Jaron

A lackluster game between Vancouver and Los Angeles. LA is not a very good team, but they are completely outshining Vancouver in every way.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

PRC

Yep, Quick has been great.  Canucks have not penetrated to the net, Kings just box them out completely.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valdemar

Normally I would want Van to win, but this time I want them to lose in 4 so they might release Jannik Hansen for our national team for the WC in Sweden.

Islanders, Dallas and hmm senators? Already released their danes for the WC

V

Josephus

Yup. No riots in Vancouver this year. :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on April 16, 2012, 08:39:12 AM
though you'd think this would be a reason to riot :lol:  there was a tweet by the Kings official website after the series went 2-0 that was along the lines " to every Canadian outside of BC: you're welcome" :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on April 16, 2012, 08:41:34 AM
Quote from: Josephus on April 16, 2012, 08:39:12 AM
though you'd think this would be a reason to riot :lol:  there was a tweet by the Kings official website after the series went 2-0 that was along the lines " to every Canadian outside of BC: you're welcome" :D
No, that was after game 1.

Still, if the Canucks force a game 5, we might see some riots.  That'd be nice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

At the moment, there might be riots. 2-1 Canucks going into period 3.

Penguins give Flyers their comeuppance. :worship:

PRC

Quote from: Jaron on April 18, 2012, 11:13:27 PM
At the moment, there might be riots. 2-1 Canucks going into period 3.

Penguins give Flyers their comeuppance. :worship:

Jaron, i'm curious how you became a hockey fan?  I'm happy you are, but you don't fit the profile... do tell?

Jaron

How do I not fit the profile? I've watched/been a fan since I was 13 or 14. Basketball games have too high a score, I'm only now developing an appreciation for football, baseball and soccer are boring -- I think hockey provides a perfect balance of individual skill and each goal feels like an accomplishment to celebrate.

MadBurgerMaker

The CBC guy doing the LA - Vancouver game tonight seemed to really like the Canucks.   

Valmy

I cannot recall ever seeing a team down 3 games to none doing what the Pens did tonight.  That was some show.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on April 14, 2012, 02:22:27 AM
No heart is right, wtf canucks?  No cup for Canada this year. Again.

Will Canada: unite behind the mighty Sens?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.