News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2012, 04:14:43 PM

Having watched the eastern-based Jets I'm no expert on either, but yes, I  pondered that one for a bit.  It wouldn't shock me if Phoenix won that series.
Nah, they can't win.  Most of the players are taking French lessons* right now, so they're distracted from their game.

*It's a rumor started by a Quebecor journalist wich has now reached Europe ("Le Matin", swiss newspaper) :roll:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2012, 10:52:24 PM
But then you speak as if Vancouver of all places is better.  Weird.

You are clearly insane.  I put it down to living in Edmonton.  The effects on Neil are apparent.  It is just surprising it has taken so little time to impact you.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 11, 2012, 12:35:24 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2012, 04:14:43 PM

Having watched the eastern-based Jets I'm no expert on either, but yes, I  pondered that one for a bit.  It wouldn't shock me if Phoenix won that series.
Nah, they can't win.  Most of the players are taking French lessons* right now, so they're distracted from their game.

*It's a rumor started by a Quebecor journalist wich has now reached Europe ("Le Matin", swiss newspaper) :roll:

That was one of the most ridiculous rumours to come out of this whole saga.

Putting aside how unlikely it would be (the only thing they're telling players is "focus on the playoffs"), how on earth would q Quebec reported have some inside scoop on what is happening in Phoenix?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

How would Shane Doan be received in Quebec City?

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on April 11, 2012, 03:57:01 PM

He's be a Nordique - they'd love him.

Doan got a rough ride from some Winnipeg fans who saw him as a traitor, but come on - the guy played one season in Winnipeg, and has spent the rest of his career in Phoenix.  He never said anything negative about the Peg - just constantly referenced how he hoped the team would stay put in Phoenix.

Neil

No, they'd hate him.  All Quebec nationalists believe that Doan hates francophones.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

He does. Especially does that are trully, trully atrocious referees & linesman.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: PRC on April 11, 2012, 03:57:01 PM
By some? Pretty badly.  By most? Like everywhere else, good if he plays well, bad if he doesn't score.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Yeah, the people of Vancouver hate Canada.  They don't even make the trumpet sounds in the right places in the anthem.

Also, the Canucks are cheating again.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on April 11, 2012, 09:53:14 PM
Yeah, the people of Vancouver hate Canada.  They don't even make the trumpet sounds in the right places in the anthem.

:lol: @ your envy and spite.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on April 11, 2012, 10:00:44 PM

Spite I can see, but envy?

Do you think I didn't hate the Canucks during all their years of futility?

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on April 11, 2012, 10:00:44 PM

I don't understand how one could possibly be envious of the 'Nucks.  :huh: After all in 40+ years they've never won a championship.

Valmy

LOL at the Pens' Caps impression.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 11, 2012, 10:08:24 PM
LOL at the Pens' Caps impression.
grrr...  3-0 in 2nd, and it ends 4-3 in OT.  fuck.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on April 11, 2012, 10:08:11 PMI don't understand how one could possibly be envious of the 'Nucks.  :huh: After all in 40+ years they've never won a championship.

You're clearly envious of the stellar performance against the Kings tonight :blush:  :lol:  :Embarrass: