News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: PRC on April 10, 2012, 02:08:39 PM
If it happens and they move to Quebec City (which I hope does happen)... and the Coyotes win the Stanley Cup... where do they have the parade?
Imo, they will not make any official announcement this week-end.  What could happen, is if no one comes forwared and say "Hey, I'm a genius and I figured out how to pay 175 million$ for a hockey team in the desert with no fan support and turn it into a money making franchise with nothing to envey the Leafs or the Habs" by April 15th, they will call Péladeau and tell him to be ready, the announcement will occur once the team is out of the playoffs (wich should be early next week :P )
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

PRC

Quote from: viper37 on April 10, 2012, 03:36:39 PM
Imo, they will not make any official announcement this week-end.  What could happen, is if no one comes forwared and say "Hey, I'm a genius and I figured out how to pay 175 million$ for a hockey team in the desert with no fan support and turn it into a money making franchise with nothing to envey the Leafs or the Habs" by April 15th, they will call Péladeau and tell him to be ready, the announcement will occur once the team is out of the playoffs (wich should be early next week :P )

I picked Chicago to win that series in 7, but I think Phoenix has a very good chance there.  Phoenix was better than Chicago 5 on 5 and has a better goals against.  They can make it to the second round.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 10, 2012, 01:28:13 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 08, 2012, 09:03:28 AM
Los Angeles over Vancouver - Canucks suck, and are faggots.  Everyone who likes them is not just stupid, but evil and a criminal.
What is it like to have the local team miss the playoffs.  It has been so long I forget.
Nice and quiet, which is just the way I like it.

Enjoy your riots when the Canucks fall apart.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on April 10, 2012, 03:44:21 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 10, 2012, 03:36:39 PM

I picked Chicago to win that series in 7, but I think Phoenix has a very good chance there.  Phoenix was better than Chicago 5 on 5 and has a better goals against.  They can make it to the second round.

Having watched the eastern-based Jets I'm no expert on either, but yes, I  pondered that one for a bit.  It wouldn't shock me if Phoenix won that series.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

The good news for the people of Edmonton is that they get the first draft pick for the third year in a row.  The bad news is their team sucks so much they get the first pick three years in a row - and they live in Edmonton.

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 10, 2012, 07:52:18 PM
The good news for the people of Edmonton is that they get the first draft pick for the third year in a row.  The bad news is their team sucks so much they get the first pick three years in a row - and they live in Edmonton.
Poor draft players. You try hard, you practice, you excel in your field, and as your reward you have to play in/for edmonton
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PRC

It's likely they will trade that first overall pick somewhere for a defenseman.  They don't really need Nail Yakupov with their young and good depth at forward, they need help on the blueline now and trading the pick to get that is their best option. 

Barrister

The good news for the people of Edmonton is that they get the first draft pick for the third year in a row. 

I don't consider that good news.

Quote from: crazy canuck
The bad news is their team sucks so much they get the first pick three years in a row

And they aren't my team.

-_-

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2012, 09:18:39 PM
And they aren't my team.

-_-

One of the few coping mechanisms available to a resident of Edmonton.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 10, 2012, 10:27:24 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2012, 09:18:39 PM
And they aren't my team.

-_-

One of the few coping mechanisms available to a resident of Edmonton.

You know - you talk a lotof shit about Edmonton. And it's well-deserved.

But then you speak as if Vancouver of all places is better.  Weird.

At least Edmonton, for all it's shittiness, is at least located within Alberta.  You're in a shitty city within a shitty province. :console:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jacob

Neil

Quote from: PRC on April 10, 2012, 08:15:26 PM
It's likely they will trade that first overall pick somewhere for a defenseman.  They don't really need Nail Yakupov with their young and good depth at forward, they need help on the blueline now and trading the pick to get that is their best option.
That's what I would do, provided I could find someone willing to trade me a Lidstrom-Pronger-level defenceman in exchange for the opportunity to draft a lazy Russian forward.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Zoupa

Habs draft third. I'm hoping they go for F.Forsberg, but knowing them they'll probably pick Grigorenko.  :glare:

PRC

Quote from: Neil on April 10, 2012, 10:58:46 PM
That's what I would do, provided I could find someone willing to trade me a Lidstrom-Pronger-level defenceman in exchange for the opportunity to draft a lazy Russian forward.

Well the trade won't be there for a tier 1 defenceman but it might be for a tier 2 defenceman + a bag of pucks and even those tier 2 guys are hard to get.  Someone like Brent Burns, Dan Hamhuis, maybe Mike Green out of Washington since it looks like his injuries have taken him down a notch and you could probably grab him for a 1st overall pick.  Maybe for a guy like the Sharks Doug Murray.  The Oilers should want a shut-down d-man who can move the puck up ice (which i'm not sure Murray can)... a guy who is not going to get you sixty points but in a good year will get you over 40 hopefully but more importantly won't be a liability in his own zone (which Mike Green would be but if healthy would get you the 60 points).  Maybe even move it for a guy like the Kings Slava Voynov or the Canucks Chris Tanev, prospects who look like they're going to have a fifteen year career on the blueline, maybe not superstars but they're going to help your team.