News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

thus starts the thrasher mid season crash. new jeresy old habits
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PRC

Flames beaten up badly tonight.  My guess is the coach is gone tomorrow... probably should happen but Iginla needs to go as well, he's Captained this team too many gutless performances over the past couple seasons.

Josephus

Beebs is quiet tonight.  <_<
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on January 05, 2012, 10:33:18 PM
Beebs is quiet tonight.  <_<
i tried to goad him :blush: . no dice lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Probably burnt out from bail hearings.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on January 05, 2012, 11:01:52 PM
Probably burnt out from bail hearings.

I don't know what hurt worse - the bail hearings, or two crappy Jets performances. :bleeding:

:(

The trouble of course is the schedule gets tougher from here out - next up is Buffalo and Boston.  They really needed to pick up one of these games.

Ah well - can't get too worked up over a 4-0 loss.  After all there are more bail hearings to be done tomorrow. :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2012, 12:07:12 AM

I don't know what hurt worse - the bail hearings, or two crappy Jets performances. :bleeding:

The trouble of course is the schedule gets tougher from here out - next up is Buffalo and Boston.  They really needed to pick up one of these games.

Ah well - can't get too worked up over a 4-0 loss.  After all there are more bail hearings to be done tomorrow. :bleeding:

January in the NHL is when we see the sheep separated from the wolves.  Good teams will win, stay consistent and stay disciplined.  Weak teams will lose, panic and start accepting phone calls from GMs who smell blood.

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on January 06, 2012, 01:29:02 AM
Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2012, 12:07:12 AM

January in the NHL is when we see the sheep separated from the wolves.  Good teams will win, stay consistent and stay disciplined.  Weak teams will lose, panic and start accepting phone calls from GMs who smell blood.

And the canucks are the former, or the latter? :hmm:

I'm pissed off by the last two games, but I'm hardly enraged.  Still lots of games to be played.  And besides - it's good just to be in the NHL again this year.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2012, 01:34:44 AM
Quote from: PRC on January 06, 2012, 01:29:02 AM

I'm pissed off by the last two games, but I'm hardly enraged.  Still lots of games to be played.  And besides - it's good just to be in the NHL again this year.

Obviously the latter!  :showoff:

Valmy

Ovechkin seems to turning it around, Vokoun has stopped being a disaster in net...

I am not sure if they are just on a hot streak or if Dale Hunter has something new going on but it is nice to see the Caps proudly stepping from the ranks of the meh to the ranks of the not bad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

I refuse to panic over two bad games (and honestly those were more than just losses - the Jets were badly outplayed in both games by mediocre opponents).  But I think I can mark the first loss up to simply an off night by Pavelec, and the second to being a back to back game (that has got to be tough no matter who you are).

We'll see over the next few.  If they go 0 for 4 then I will officially panic.

Valmy

Aren't you the guy who was chiding me for freaking out over the Caps November collapse?  :P

Two months later...just starting to right the ship.  Only had to fire our coach and bring in new players.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2012, 01:34:44 AM

Canucks is a good team, until the crucial moment in the playoff.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Apparently the NHLPA has vetoed realignment, which means the Jets will play a second season in the southeast division. :rolleyes:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 07, 2012, 04:22:17 PM
Apparently the NHLPA has vetoed realignment, which means the Jets will play a second season in the southeast division. :rolleyes:

Well it is located in Southeast Manitoba.