Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on June 26, 2011, 08:57:01 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2011, 06:11:36 PM

:hug: :yeah:

Since we were going camping, I was able to convince the wife we needed to hear 630 CHED for the weather reports.  Even though they were doing solid live draft coverage. :ph34r:

Just curious because I do a lot of backcountry hiking and camping, what area did you visit?  Always on the lookout for some new vistas and i've tracked Kananaskis and Southern Alberta out over the past few years.

We were far, far, far from the backcountry.  Remember, we were camping with a baby and a trailer.  We went to a golf tournament (which was odd since I hadn't golfed in 5 years), and camped in a campground attached to the golf course.   :homestar:

The only backcountry camping I've done was the Chilkoot Trail, which is one of my top 10 moments in life.  Highly, highly recommend it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maladict

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2011, 11:49:31 PM
The only backcountry camping I've done was the Chilkoot Trail, which is one of my top 10 moments in life.  Highly, highly recommend it.

I would love to do that one day. Climb the pass, build a raft and all that.

Barrister

Quote from: Maladict on June 27, 2011, 08:59:38 AM

Of course you can no longer build a raft - Lake Bennett (where the stampeders did that) is a National Park, so you can't cut down trees.

What you can do these days is hike the Chilkoot Trail up to Lake Bennett, then take the train / bus into Whitehorse.  Rent or buy a canoe, then sail down the Yukon to Dawson.

We were going to do that last year - but then my wife became pregnant.  It's on the bucket list though. :ph34r:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on June 27, 2011, 09:03:55 AM

Of course you can no longer build a raft - Lake Bennett (where the stampeders did that) is a National Park, so you can't cut down trees.

What you can do these days is hike the Chilkoot Trail up to Lake Bennett, then take the train / bus into Whitehorse.  Rent or buy a canoe, then sail down the Yukon to Dawson.

We were going to do that last year - but then my wife became pregnant.  It's on the bucket list though. :ph34r:

Next time don't fail us like that. I had my gf almost convince it was a btter to spend 2000$ then going to Cuba.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 27, 2011, 09:07:04 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 27, 2011, 09:03:55 AM

Next time don't fail us like that. I had my gf almost convince it was a btter to spend 2000$ then going to Cuba.

I'm sorry the birth of my child interrupted your holidays. :P

Grey Fox

:P
Still, I'd like to Canoe the Yukon.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 27, 2011, 10:04:24 AM
:P
Still, I'd like to Canoe the Yukon.

Me too.  Very much. :Canuck:

I might wait 10-12 years and go with no-longer-baby Tim - or go sooner without my family.

Ed Anger

I'm pleased that Rick Nash finally has a center to work with now in Jeff Carter.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

BuddhaRhubarb

Nice to see some Classy inductees into the Hall this year. Dougie Gilmour! Niewendiieck (sp) Belfour etc... Mark Howe. Good year.
:p

Zoupa

Story of the draft here: Mtl GM Pierre Gauthier drowned out by boos and chants of USA!USA!USA! when he announced his pick in French.

Stay classy America!

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on June 28, 2011, 11:48:41 PM
Story of the draft here: Mtl GM Pierre Gauthier drowned out by boos and chants of USA!USA!USA! when he announced his pick in French.

Stay classy America!

Wait - a franchise announces it's new team name in the midst of the draft, and THIS is what you think the story of the draft was? :wacko:

Zoupa

You're getting really fucking annoying about your damn Jets, man.

katmai

Just because Canada is too pussy of a country to make you damn dirty people speak English, don't expect USA to bend over for you frogs.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on June 28, 2011, 11:55:00 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on June 28, 2011, 11:48:41 PM

Stay classy America!

Wait - a franchise announces it's new team name in the midst of the draft, and THIS is what you think the story of the draft was? :wacko:

Yo, this is Montreal. Habs > God.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on June 29, 2011, 02:13:40 AM
You're getting really fucking annoying about your damn Jets, man.

Just imagine how annoying I can be once they actually play a game! :lol:

But my point still stands - how can you imagine that fans booing was the story of the draft, given what happened with the Jets?