Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on June 16, 2011, 11:39:05 AM
Glad to see at least some people know how to take the sting out of a loss:

Oh baby riots get me so hot!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2011, 11:47:28 AM
Quote from: Jacob on June 16, 2011, 11:39:05 AM
Glad to see at least some people know how to take the sting out of a loss:

Oh baby riots get me so hot!
She looks like she'd be worth it.  Hahaha.  That being said, almost every picture I've seen is packed with hipster douchebags.  The G20/WHO hater crew is just a slightly more radical version of them.  It's called growing up entitled and having mommy and daddy pay for everything for you so that you can work your part time job at a coffee shop and be an "artist" or some shit.  I seriously hate that fucking crowd.  So annoying.  All pretentiousness, no actual substance.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Back on to the topic of sports Boston is just a blessed city this past decade.

Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals, and now a Stanley Cup.  The grand slam of professional sports.  Thank God they did not do it all in one year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Jacob

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 16, 2011, 02:12:37 PM
That being said, almost every picture I've seen is packed with hipster douchebags.  The G20/WHO hater crew is just a slightly more radical version of them.  It's called growing up entitled and having mommy and daddy pay for everything for you so that you can work your part time job at a coffee shop and be an "artist" or some shit.  I seriously hate that fucking crowd.  So annoying.  All pretentiousness, no actual substance.

That's not what hipsters look like in Vancouver at all.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Jacob on June 16, 2011, 02:16:10 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 16, 2011, 02:12:37 PM
That being said, almost every picture I've seen is packed with hipster douchebags.  The G20/WHO hater crew is just a slightly more radical version of them.  It's called growing up entitled and having mommy and daddy pay for everything for you so that you can work your part time job at a coffee shop and be an "artist" or some shit.  I seriously hate that fucking crowd.  So annoying.  All pretentiousness, no actual substance.

That's not what hipsters look like in Vancouver at all.
No?  Not skinny jeans, random older clothing, etc. with plenty of random silly tats and a general appearance of being unclean?  What do they wear and/or look like in Vancouver then?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jacob

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 16, 2011, 02:22:31 PM
No?  Not skinny jeans, random older clothing, etc. with plenty of random silly tats and a general appearance of being unclean?  What do they wear and/or look like in Vancouver then?

What riot pictures are you looking at where people look like that?

Most of the pictures I've seen has what looks like testosterone jocks and douchebag Affliction/ Ed Hardy (if they weren't wearing Canucks jerseys of course)/ MMA fan guys. That, plus a handful of crusty Commercial Drive type dreadlock "anarchists".

What sort of fucking hipster would bother going to a mass event? Or care about sports at all? Or could be bothered to riot to begin with.

There's plenty of thing to dislike coffee shop workers with artistic pretentions for, if that's your thing, but this riot? It has nothing to do with them.

Sophie Scholl

There's a "Doyouknowthisrioter.com" or something site setup.  A lot of the pictures I saw on there and some of the random ones I've seen throughout are packed with what I would call hipsters wearing what I described.

Jacob

Huh... okay. I see mostly white trash from the suburbs and their multicultural equivalents.

Sophie Scholl

You've probably got better access to pictures there.  For all I know, things I've been looking at are filtered to focus on hipsters a la sites like latfh.com and stuff.

Neil

MMA fans are a scourge on this earth.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Winnipeg fans are so pumped about the Jets returning that they are opening up the MTS Centre to fans to watch the whole thing on their screen.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/True-North-extends-invite-for-hockey-draft-124079959.html

As well, with Minnesota only an 8 hour drive away, quite a few Winnipeg fans are planning to drive down to see the draft live.  Wonder how many Jets jerseys we'll see in the crowd.

In other news, there were hints that a name might be announced (though no logo or uniforms) after the BOG meeting on the 21st.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

winnipeg.nhl.com

:punk:

And the Board of Governors also officially approved both the sale and the relocation to Winnipeg today.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 21, 2011, 06:35:56 PM
And the Board of Governors also officially approved both the sale and the relocation to Winnipeg today.

Justice will not be done until they are officially named the 'Winnipeg Jets'.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 21, 2011, 06:41:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 21, 2011, 06:35:56 PM

Justice will not be done until they are officially named the 'Winnipeg Jets'.

I disagree.  Justice has been done.  NHL hockey is back where it belongs.

Now I really, really hope that they are called "Jets" (and IMHO it is looking more and more likely that will happen), but to say that if they aren't the Jets all is for naught is just plain wrong.

katmai

Need to be called the Winnipeg Crash and Burns...cause that is what NHL does in Manitoba!

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son