And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2011, 09:01:35 AM
Quote from: HVC on June 16, 2011, 08:59:38 AM
Boston has more canadian players, doesn't it? They should have taken a dive for canada's honour :lol:

So much for that 'True patriot love in all thy sons command' shit.

A moment of education for you.  American teams have been winning the Cup with Canadian dominated line ups since forever.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 16, 2011, 09:50:52 AM
A moment of education for you.  American teams have been winning the Cup with Canadian dominated line ups since forever.

Traitors all!

Anyway I said teams from Canada I am well aware most players in professional Hockey are Canadians.  I can just listen to the local minor league Hockey team players talk 'aboot' the next series with Hershey.  'We're proud to be representing Texas eh'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2011, 09:50:32 AM
Ah I did not know you lived in Vancouver CC.  Anyway they rioted in 1994 also the city should have been better prepared.

They thought they were. This riot is orders of magnitude worse than 94.  The police have some explaining to do - and Vancouver's mayor.

Drakken

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 16, 2011, 09:52:44 AM
They thought they were. This riot is orders of magnitude worse than 94.  The police have some explaining to do - and Vancouver's mayor.

It's just a sore loser's riot. It's not like people were killed in the streets.  :wacko:

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on June 16, 2011, 09:53:59 AM
It's just a sore loser's riot. It's not like people were killed in the streets.  :wacko:

Meh they would have rioted if the Canucks had won also.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Their idea of preparing was closing the liquor stores early. As far as i know that's all the really did. that and put police in the futureshop (electronics) store.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on June 16, 2011, 09:53:59 AM

It's just a sore loser's riot. It's not like people were killed.  :wacko:

I am not that some form of riot wouldnt have happened win or lose.  And I hope you are right about nobody being killed.  There are currently 3 people in critical care.  One stabbed, one person wearing a Boston jersey "fell" 50 feet. One person is described as having a low level of consciousness but the cause of his injury and exactly what the injury is has not been reported.

Not sure what your wacko smiley is supposed to mean.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 16, 2011, 08:38:21 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 16, 2011, 08:28:20 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 16, 2011, 08:16:02 AM
He can always get hired by Venture.
Who the fuck is that?
Serious?

'Venture' has more than one meaning, and I doubt that a cartoon is hiring hooligans.

Next time, if you're interested in making references, be a little more transparent.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on June 16, 2011, 09:55:30 AM
Their idea of preparing was closing the liquor stores early. As far as i know that's all the really did. that and put police in the futureshop (electronics) store.

No, the way they dealt with the crowds was fundamentally different than 94.  Once the riot started I think the police reacted pretty well and cleared the area fairly quickly (as opposed to 94 when they hemmed everyone in).  What I am questioning is why they allowed so many obviously intoxicated people into the downtown core well before the game.  There is one radio clip of an officer taking booze away from some drunken 20 somethings and saying "if I let you keep this you are going to get even more drunk" and then let them pass into the "fanzone".

crazy canuck

Anyway, off to see the carnage first hand.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2011, 09:50:32 AM
Ah I did not know you lived in Vancouver CC.  Anyway they rioted in 1994 also the city should have been better prepared.
It's a no-win position for the police.  If they take action and stomp the rioters on a national telecast, the officers will be facing charges and the senior leadership involved will all lose their jobs.  On the other hand, if they let the rioters go for a while, worst case scenario is the chief has to fall on his sword, but everybody else doesn't get fired.  The public won't be happy no matter what.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Heh, look what happened in Toronto when the cops cracked down with the old iron fist on demonstraters - they have been taking shit for it ever since.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on June 16, 2011, 10:10:17 AM
Heh, look what happened in Toronto when the cops cracked down with the old iron fist on demonstraters - they have been taking shit for it ever since.  ;)
That's exactly what I was thinking of.

Malthus

Anyway, this sort of riot would NEVER happen in Toronto.*

*Because the Leafs would never be in the final. Oh, well.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on June 16, 2011, 10:18:38 AM
Anyway, this sort of riot would NEVER happen in Toronto.*

*Because the Leafs would never be in the final. Oh, well.  ;)
But still, compare Vancouver shenanigans with what happened in similar situations in Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary.  Or when the Blue Jays won the world series in back-to-back in the 90s.