News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on May 16, 2011, 12:17:47 PM
And their fans are ignorant, bandwagon trash, which also has nothing to do with the West Coast.

The Canucks have sold out every home game for how many seasons?

Canucks fans are just that - fanatical, willing to pay for overpriced tickets to see a bunch of overhyped overpaid players play in a league that expanded too quickly and doesnt have the talent pool necessary to put a good product on the ice.

And yet there is talk of putting one of the teams that ought to be axed into a failed hockey city.  The league should just take its loses and downsize.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:32:03 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 16, 2011, 12:28:58 PM
We're classless? We're fucking Royalty.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2008/04/22/mtl-habs.html

That is just fucking awesome.  The only thing that will happen if Tampa Bay wins is that a few senior citizens will stay up past 8 PM to play a celebratory match of bingo.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

I don't understand how that is classless. It's our cop cars in our city. No one calls you classless when you happen to break something in celebration in your own home?

Plus, we really hate the Bruins.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:33:08 PM
Then how come I have to keep bumping this thread back onto the front page?   :huh:

Because you killed the thread by filling it with posts nobody else cares about.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 16, 2011, 12:34:36 PM

I don't understand how that is classless. It's our cop cars in our city. No one calls you classless when you happen to break something in celebration in your own home?

You're missing the truely classless part though.

You guys rioted to celebrate winning the opening series. :rolleyes:

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:37:48 PM

When you have not won a cup in 18 years you take what you can get.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

I think the Caps fans should tear up downtown everytime Washington plays a post season game without humiliating itself.  That would only be once every few years.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:37:48 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 16, 2011, 12:34:36 PM

I told you, we really hate the Bruins.

If we ever beat them in the 2nd or 3rd round, We'll riot then too.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2011, 12:20:47 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:13:49 PM
But I don't hate teams based solely on geography or latitude, though.  That's what makes no sense to me.  :wacko:

Neil hates the Nucks because they're a bunch of heartles, talentless hacks - not because they're on the West Coast.

It is not the location of those teams.  It is why they exist and who their fans are.  They are beyond bushleague.

Fuck them.  The very sight of shit like the Tampa Bay Lightening makes me want to wretch.  Which is why losing them pissed me off so much.

Now if one of them stops being a bushleague joke maybe I will not hate them.  A few of the California teams have graduated from that status.
Tampa has Hulk Hogan for a fan.  That makes them OK by me.  Also, them and the Sharks winning is the only hope we have of a non-shitty Stanley Cup Finals.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on May 16, 2011, 12:55:55 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2011, 12:20:47 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:13:49 PM
But I don't hate teams based solely on geography or latitude, though.  That's what makes no sense to me.  :wacko:

Neil hates the Nucks because they're a bunch of heartles, talentless hacks - not because they're on the West Coast.

It is not the location of those teams.  It is why they exist and who their fans are.  They are beyond bushleague.

Fuck them.  The very sight of shit like the Tampa Bay Lightening makes me want to wretch.  Which is why losing them pissed me off so much.

Now if one of them stops being a bushleague joke maybe I will not hate them.  A few of the California teams have graduated from that status.
Tampa has Hulk Hogan for a fan.  That makes them OK by me.  Also, them and the Sharks winning is the only hope we have of a non-shitty Stanley Cup Finals.

You sure are unpredictable.  :lol:

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:21:17 PM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-thrashers/atlanta-spirit-true-north-947628.html

It's a small, but important point.  I've assumed that TNSE and ASG are talking, as having a number of other news stories.  But no one has reported it as a fact until now.

Meanwhile, Quebec city as announced a press conference for this afternoon, regarding the arena.  It's probably to tell us the Atlanta Thraser are NOT coming to Quebec city :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:33:08 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 16, 2011, 12:30:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:21:17 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2011, 12:08:49 PM
Back on topic. 

You seem quite confused about the dominant topic of conversation here.   :hmm:

only cause you won't shut the fuck up.
Most of us care about the conference finals more. Jesus Beeb.

Then how come I have to keep bumping this thread back onto the front page?   :huh:

I don't see you talking about the Sharks much...
because these constant 3rd period collapses are killing me.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Not to mention we have no Red Wings fans here so couldn't taunt them for first half of series and 2nd half was worried they would lose it all.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2011, 12:33:42 PM
And yet there is talk of putting one of the teams that ought to be axed into a failed hockey city.  The league should just take its loses and downsize.
Atlanta was also a failed hockey city.  They gave them a second chance.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: katmai on May 16, 2011, 01:45:43 PM
because these constant 3rd period collapses are killing me.
I'm annoyed too.  I have them winning in 7, I still think they can pull it off, but I think they lack physical training, they always seem exhausted in 3rd period.