News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on April 22, 2011, 01:36:53 PM
It's fun being a Canucks fan. You think things are going pretty good, and all of a sudden you get kicked in the nuts. Twice in a row. Or more.

Maybe if they change that blatantly rascist name, their fortunes will change with it.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2011, 07:18:18 PM
Quote from: Jacob on April 22, 2011, 01:36:53 PM
It's fun being a Canucks fan. You think things are going pretty good, and all of a sudden you get kicked in the nuts. Twice in a row. Or more.

Maybe if they change that blatantly rascist name, their fortunes will change with it.

WTF?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Ilya Bryzgalov on Winnipeg:

Quote"What's the difference between Winnipeg and St. Petersburg?" Bryzgalov asked. "Much more Russian people [in St. Petersburg] – and at least you can buy Russian salami."

"I love this place [Phoenix]," Bryzgalov continued. "It's a good place to live and a good place to play. But our hands are tied. I don't make any decisions. I hold my ground and I enjoy the summer right now and make the decision a little bit later."

Barrister

For PRC:

QuoteKatz to Bryzgalov: See city for yourself
Mayor offers 'Peg-bashing player free trip here

ROSS ROMANIUK, WINNIPEG SUN

FIRST POSTED: SATURDAY, APRIL 23, 2011 12:31:49 CDT AM

Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov already has a free plane ticket to Winnipeg for a trip this spring or summer, if he wants it, courtesy of Mayor Sam Katz.

The mayor says he's willing to pay out of his own pocket for Bryzgalov to fly here to get a taste of the city, after the netminder told the Winnipeg Sun this week that he wants no part of Winnipeg, should the Coyotes relocate to Manitoba for the next NHL season.

"I will extend an invitation to him, and will personally pay for the airline ticket for him to come here and really get an understanding of Winnipeg, what it's all about and what it has to offer. When he sees the variety of culture, arts and sports, and all the activities in our wonderful city, he might have a completely different opinion," Katz told the Sun.

Katz extended the offer through the Sun after the 30-year-old Russian star player decried Winnipeg's winters and said "there's no excitement except the hockey" in Manitoba's capital. The six-year NHL player, who has also been with the Anaheim Ducks, added that "not many Russian people" live in Winnipeg to make it enticing for him.

"Plus, it's cold. No park, no entertaining for the families, for the kids," the goalie said after the financially troubled Coyotes were poised for potential relocation following their loss to the Detroit Red Wings in a Western Conference opening playoff series.

"It's going to be tough life for your family."

If the Coyotes move to Winnipeg, Bryzgalov said, he probably won't listen to a contract offer from the team's new owners.

Bryzgalov noted that he has been to Winnipeg "just once, maybe twice," as an AHL player for games against the Manitoba Moose, and "used the tunnels between the buildings to get to the arena" to avoid the chilly winter conditions.

Denys Volkov, a Winnipeg resident of Ukrainian and Russian ancestry, points out that Winnipeg has a Russian-Canadian community of "a few thousand" who would make the goalie feel more than welcome.   
"We have a new group of young, Russian-speaking newcomers who organize Russian nightclub parties," said Volkov, 32, who has lived in Winnipeg since 2003.

"We've also started getting Russian concerts and theatres coming to our city. We have a great Assiniboine Park, being renovated as we speak."

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/04/23/katz-to-bryzgalov-see-city-for-yourself
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Nice of the mayor but he's going to be flying him out in the Spring / Summer.  During the season Bryzgalov is correct: "Plus, it's cold. No park, no entertaining for the families, for the kids, it's going to be tough life for your family."

Zoupa

I'm pretty sure Winnipeg has parks.  :rolleyes:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zoupa on April 24, 2011, 01:01:35 AM
I'm pretty sure Winnipeg has parks.  :rolleyes:

Inferior canadian parks.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

O Canada is an easy song, but the Chicago anthem singer is absolutely awful at it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: PRC on April 24, 2011, 12:20:05 AM
Nice of the mayor but he's going to be flying him out in the Spring / Summer.  During the season Bryzgalov is correct: “Plus, it’s cold. No park, no entertaining for the families, for the kids, it’s going to be tough life for your family."

Maybe he should teach his kids to: play hockey.  I hear they can do that when it is cold.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Anyway Washington Caps: Team of Destiny
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

You know, the Preds really won me over in this series.  Their series against Anaheim has been one of the best so far.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Looks like Vancouver will cheat their way to the second round.  The fix is in.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2011, 11:55:06 PM
For PRC:

QuoteKatz to Bryzgalov: See city for yourself
Mayor offers 'Peg-bashing player free trip here

ROSS ROMANIUK, WINNIPEG SUN

FIRST POSTED: SATURDAY, APRIL 23, 2011 12:31:49 CDT AM

Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov already has a free plane ticket to Winnipeg for a trip this spring or summer, if he wants it, courtesy of Mayor Sam Katz.

The mayor says he's willing to pay out of his own pocket for Bryzgalov to fly here to get a taste of the city, after the netminder told the Winnipeg Sun this week that he wants no part of Winnipeg, should the Coyotes relocate to Manitoba for the next NHL season.

"I will extend an invitation to him, and will personally pay for the airline ticket for him to come here and really get an understanding of Winnipeg, what it's all about and what it has to offer. When he sees the variety of culture, arts and sports, and all the activities in our wonderful city, he might have a completely different opinion," Katz told the Sun.

Katz extended the offer through the Sun after the 30-year-old Russian star player decried Winnipeg's winters and said "there's no excitement except the hockey" in Manitoba's capital. The six-year NHL player, who has also been with the Anaheim Ducks, added that "not many Russian people" live in Winnipeg to make it enticing for him.

"Plus, it's cold. No park, no entertaining for the families, for the kids," the goalie said after the financially troubled Coyotes were poised for potential relocation following their loss to the Detroit Red Wings in a Western Conference opening playoff series.

"It's going to be tough life for your family."

If the Coyotes move to Winnipeg, Bryzgalov said, he probably won't listen to a contract offer from the team's new owners.

Bryzgalov noted that he has been to Winnipeg "just once, maybe twice," as an AHL player for games against the Manitoba Moose, and "used the tunnels between the buildings to get to the arena" to avoid the chilly winter conditions.

Denys Volkov, a Winnipeg resident of Ukrainian and Russian ancestry, points out that Winnipeg has a Russian-Canadian community of "a few thousand" who would make the goalie feel more than welcome.  
"We have a new group of young, Russian-speaking newcomers who organize Russian nightclub parties," said Volkov, 32, who has lived in Winnipeg since 2003.

"We've also started getting Russian concerts and theatres coming to our city. We have a great Assiniboine Park, being renovated as we speak."
Let the players decide: Quebec city or Winnipeg ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Fuck the god damn millionaires. They'll go where they are paid to go.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

C.C.R.

It's getting dark on the pond...Mom's calling for dinner...next goal wins!