Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 02, 2021, 11:55:17 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2021, 11:45:35 AM
I miss the Norris Division.

:unsure:

The Caps weren't in the Norris though.

They were originally :P but that is not the point. The point I was making is I loved the league as it existed back in those days with its oddball small market northern teams, like the Hartford Whalers, and weird division names.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2021, 11:12:37 PM
Viper it has been 26 years. The Nordiques were not even in existence 26 years

It's like asking a Jedi why he fights a Sith he never met before the day.
It's a solemn duty to oppose Montreal.   :sleep:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on June 02, 2021, 10:52:09 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 02, 2021, 10:38:07 AM
They do have a really nice building for a Junior team.

How's the pull of the Oil Kings in Rogers Place?

They average 6-8k per game.  So lower bowl about half full, upper bowl closed off.

That's good!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on June 02, 2021, 09:06:33 AM
FWIW, I may have to support the Jets in this one too.
The thought of the Habs going far after such a dismal season is hard to contemplate.
I think that's the Habs' strategy, let the other teams score a ton of goals against them this year so they would be tired come playoffs season.

It seems to be working right now. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Well fuck.

Jets did in fact seem rusty, giving up a couple of Grade A scoring opportunities in the first that went right to the back of their own net.

Hope Evans is okay.  Nobody likes to see that.

The fact it was Scheifele that hit him though... don't think I've ever seen him lay out a dirty hit.  The dude doesn't even swear.  I hope this series doesn't get stupid as a result of that.

Plus no Stastny, no DeMelo... :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zoupa

Quote from: Barrister on June 02, 2021, 11:08:01 PM
Well fuck.

Jets did in fact seem rusty, giving up a couple of Grade A scoring opportunities in the first that went right to the back of their own net.

The fact it was Scheifele that hit him though... don't think I've ever seen him lay out a dirty hit.  The dude doesn't even swear.  I hope this series doesn't get stupid as a result of that.

Well, the whole ambiance got ruined because of that coward.

I hope for the Jets het gets suspended by the League, because if not the series is gonna forget real quick that this is supposed to be 21st century hockey and a couple more guys are gonna go out on stretchers.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on June 03, 2021, 02:34:06 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 02, 2021, 11:08:01 PM
Well fuck.

Well, the whole ambiance got ruined because of that coward.

I hope for the Jets het gets suspended by the League, because if not the series is gonna forget real quick that this is supposed to be 21st century hockey and a couple more guys are gonna go out on stretchers.

How is he a "coward"?

Scheifele is racing back to try to prevent the empty net goal.  The goal goes in he has a fraction of a second to  try to pull back - which he didn't.  55 has been in the league a number of years now has zero history with dirty hits.

He has a phone interview today, which if I understand correctly means a 5 dames or less suspension (more than that requires an in-person meeting).  I think he'll get one game.

Scheifele on his return is probably going to have to fight someone on his return. :rolleyes:  But if the Habs are going to go out and try to injure Jets players that's on them, not Scheifele.

Barrister

The one weird thing about the aftermath there is that once all of Montreal's players rush at Scheifele it takes Jets forward Nik Ehlers to come and try to protect Evans (who of course is motionless on the ground) from being bumped or hit by the melee going on above him.

Barrister

Sounds like Evans was not hospitalized as a result of the hit, although is expected to miss a number of games.  Sounds like a concussion.

Grey Fox

Yes. Habs comfirmed it's a concussion. Out indefinitely.

To me, the most aggravating circumstance of the hit is that the play is over.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Maybe this will help people forget about Tom Wilson.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 31, 2021, 10:01:40 PM
The Leafs man...I guess no matter what else happens you can always be grateful you are not a Leafs fan.

One could be a Canucks fan.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2021, 01:46:39 PM

Tom Who?

Zoupa

"Scheifele is racing back to try to prevent the empty net goal." Give me a break BB.

He never played the puck. Dude got mad they were losing, took 12 strides before hitting Evans viciously.

And yes, Jets players will get hurt. You can blame the Habs but I'll blame the league. "Oh his skates didn't leave the ice and his elbow was tucked". They never consider the intent.

The intent was to injure since he did not go for the puck. So fuck that guy, I don't care if he goes to church 3 times a week, he's still a piece of shit.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 03, 2021, 01:56:39 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2021, 01:46:39 PM

Tom Who?

Nobody. Nobody at all. Enjoy your playoff series :P