NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

I was right about Sharks and GK!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

90 minutes to game two!

After Friday's game I really can't predict a win.  But really... taking the first two on the road would be massive...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Muahahaha!

That did my heart good!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Jets-Preds going to overtime...

Valmy

YEAH! FUCK YOU PENS!

Ok now win this thing Caps.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

What a hell of a game.  Jets go down 3-0 in the first period, storm back with 3 goals in the first 5 minutes or so of the second.  They take the lead late in the second.  Preds come back to tie it up, but Jets score one more to take the 5-4 lead.  Jets also get two empty-netters for a 7-4 win, and Peg City goes wild tonight.

Excited to see the Caps do well tonight.  Game 4 in both series will be critical.

Valmy

THIS IS IT! THIS IS THE YEAR!! I know this time everything is going to work out this time. The Pens are not coming back I tells you!

'What could go wrong?'

And of course we have another controversial hit. This one is even weaker sauce than last year.

Maybe your prediction of a Caps-Jets finals is indeed destined to come to pass :hmm: Do we dare to dream BB?

viper37

Because BB never responds to any Facebook tags or message, I am forced to come here ;)

Watch this guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHyGgute1Y

Did I tell you or not the Knights would be competitive this year? Ah!  They exceeded my expectations (and frankly, everyone's expectations :D )

The Pens are still missing Hagelin and Aston-Resse, but Malkin should be coming back.

The Caps don't stand a chance.

I still have a bottle of very locally made (my dad's trees, for the most part, right next to my door) maple syrup to trade for some great texan chili. ;)
Unfortunately, it seems I would be raided by DHS, FBI, CIA and ICE if I tried to ship this to you in this current plastic container.  I could cross the border with it and send it from some Maine postal office though.  But I don't have a passport to cross the border, so I'm still having issues with trigger happy ICE agents.  Plus, I don't want to wreck my car, bullets can make such a mess on my paint job :P.

So really, the Pens must win.  :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on May 02, 2018, 11:52:29 AM
Because BB never responds to any Facebook tags or message, I am forced to come here ;)

:unsure:

Still don't know what to make of Vegas.  I've been discounting them all season, but I've stopped now.  They are a bona fide contender to win the friggin Stanley Cup this year.

But seriously guys, if you like hockey just a tiny bit, you need to be watching this Jets-Preds series.  The last two games have just been fantastically entertaining hockey to watch.

Valmy

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2018, 12:04:56 PM

You asked me via PM to add you on my FB.  I did.  I keep tagging you on english subjects and hockey clips and you never respond.  I sent you something about the Jets via Messenger a couple of months ago, you never responded either.  :)

Still don't know what to make of Vegas.  I've been discounting them all season, but I've stopped now.  They are a bona fide contender to win the friggin Stanley Cup this year.
I tought they would make it to the 1st round, and lose in 5 or 6 games.  Nobody expected them to be competitive in the 2nd round. :)

But seriously guys, if you like hockey just a tiny bit, you need to be watching this Jets-Preds series.  The last two games have just been fantastically entertaining hockey to watch.
Sure.  I can totally watch a frigging hockey game at 22h00, go to bed at 1:00am, maybe 2:00am if there's OT and wake up at 6:00 for work every day for 2 months in the spring :)

It's not that I don't want to watch them, it's that there's this thing called "timezone" that affects my hockey viewing.  And available time to.  I do work a lot more than usual for this time of the year, so I even often miss the eastern hockey games. :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on May 02, 2018, 01:47:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2018, 12:04:56 PM

You asked me via PM to add you on my FB.  I did.  I keep tagging you on english subjects and hockey clips and you never respond.  I sent you something about the Jets via Messenger a couple of months ago, you never responded either.  :)

Sorry.  I check FB all the time but don't post much.  I'll try and remember to respond to you in future.

Sure.  I can totally watch a frigging hockey game at 22h00, go to bed at 1:00am, maybe 2:00am if there's OT and wake up at 6:00 for work every day for 2 months in the spring :)

It's not that I don't want to watch them, it's that there's this thing called "timezone" that affects my hockey viewing.  And available time to.  I do work a lot more than usual for this time of the year, so I even often miss the eastern hockey games. :)

Umm, dude...  The Jets aren't playing on the west coast.  Tomorrow's game is the latest one so far, and it will start at 9:30 EDT.  But some of the games have started as early as 7 EDT!

viper37

9:30PM EST for the next two games.
Only Saturday would be manageable at this time for me.

Valmy

Well on the brightside the Caps cannot possibly blow a fifth two game lead to the Pens now.

Barrister