And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 06, 2016, 05:00:24 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2016, 04:17:56 AM
After years of rumours, Colton Haynes (Arsenal from "Arrow") finally came out. :P

Arsenal? Not familiar with that one.

He is one of the main recurring characters - the mechanic kid dating Oliver's sister.

Eddie Teach

I thought his nickname was Red Archer.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2016, 04:25:12 AM
Incidentally, I think heteros should now accept that if there are persistent rumours about a male celebrity being gay, there is a 99.99% chance he is gay and it's not our "wishful thinking". :P

An actor playing a side character in some show I have never heard of? Kind of stretches the definition of celebrity :P

I will keep that in mind though. Also what does 'persistent' mean in this case?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Incidentally, I think heteros should now accept that if there are persistent rumours about a male celebrity being gay, there is a 99.99% chance he is gay and it's not our "wishful thinking". :P
Oh, yeah, that is always on my mind when watching a tv show.  "Is he gay?  Is he bi? Is that a transgender?".  Always.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2016, 11:14:46 AM
Also what does 'persistent' mean in this case?
an increase in gay chatter.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on May 06, 2016, 12:31:48 PM
Oh, yeah, that is always on my mind when watching a tv show.  "Is he gay?  Is he bi? Is that a transgender?".  Always.

The thing that always crosses my mind when I see this guy is that his head might look normal if he was a foot taller.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on May 06, 2016, 12:32:14 PM

Well it got me thinking of that trend in sports journalism, I think in the 90s, where an athlete would be randomly designated as being gay eventually creating enough momentum for him to actually insist he was straight at some point. As far as I know none of the rumors ever turned out to be true but there might have been insufficient rumors.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

I saw a trailer for a movie called Bad Moms. Apparently, Mila Kunis is getting mom roles now. /old

Valmy

Well she is in her 30s, totally normal age to be a mom.

Eddie Teach

She's younger than me.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2016, 12:46:40 PM

Well it got me thinking of that trend in sports journalism, I think in the 90s, where an athlete would be randomly designated as being gay eventually creating enough momentum for him to actually insist he was straight at some point. As far as I know none of the rumors ever turned out to be true but there might have been insufficient rumors.

YMMV but I thought these rumours have actually always proven true.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2016, 12:53:03 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2016, 12:46:40 PM

YMMV but I thought these rumours have actually always proven true.

Unless Troy Aikman and Mike Piazza have gone to hilarious lengths to hide it I think you are wrong about that. And I think Aaron Rodgers had to do that more recently and he isn't.

Also: Christian Laettner

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2016, 12:49:52 PM
Well she is in her 30s, totally normal age to be a mom.

And she's actually a mom, she had a daughter in 2014 with Ashton Kutcher.

Eddie Teach

In the movie she has a teenager or pretty close.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2016, 12:56:29 PM
I think Aaron Rodgers had to do that more recently and he isn't.

And how.