News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

He could have been starring on one of the Law & Order/CSI/NCIS spinoffs now!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Liep on December 30, 2015, 01:46:07 PM
Just read that DiCaprio turned down the role of Anakin in ep. 2 and 3

Good calls.

For him, yeah, sure.  But for people who watched episode 2, not so much.  I mean, he couldn't have been as bad in it as Hayden Christiansen, right?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

celedhring

Ant-Man. It's quite fun, but there's a lot of deja vu in it. I think Marvel needs to freshen up their template a bit.

katmai

Stop trumping for work Cel :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Quote from: katmai on December 30, 2015, 08:23:50 PM
Stop trumping for work Cel :rolleyes:

The whole villain subplot was blatantly lifted from Iron Man 1. And the villain was about the only weak thing in Iron Man 1.

The Larch

Quote from: dps on December 30, 2015, 05:14:21 PM
Quote from: Liep on December 30, 2015, 01:46:07 PM
Just read that DiCaprio turned down the role of Anakin in ep. 2 and 3

Good calls.

For him, yeah, sure.  But for people who watched episode 2, not so much.  I mean, he couldn't have been as bad in it as Hayden Christiansen, right?

Natalie Portman's acting chops couldn't lift the terrible script, so I don't think that Leo's could have helped.

The Brain

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. Amelia Earhart is so HOTT.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: The Brain on December 31, 2015, 05:12:19 AM
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. Amelia Earhart is so HOTT.

I agree. That's the film where I fell in love with Amy Adams.  :wub:

Josquius

Moteki- I watch a fair bit of Japanese TV. Helps with the hardest part of language learning (listening). Somehow up until now I've managed to avoid this one despite it being 5 years old.
Damn. It is brilliant.
Not just for a Japanese TV series (usually crappy quality) but as a comedy in its own right. Probably one of my favourite 2 Japanese series of all time.
A perfect storm of past planted seeds coming to fruition means a 29 year old semi-virgin loser suddenly enters his 'Moteki'- a single period of your life where you a very popular with the opposite sex.
Lots of silly flash backs and glances inside his imagination. Romance stuff kept to a minimum in favour of comedy. And the sound track is brilliant. Just watched an episode where the cutest girl sings a Shinsei Kamattechan at karaoke. Yay.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Obama. He's funny.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Zoe Saldana flipping during Guardians of the Galaxy 2 rehearsals.

https://www.facebook.com/ZoeSaldana/videos/10153417191489150/

This just made me realize that after so many years of drought, we're gonna have four big space opera flicks in the following 15 months (Star Trek 3, Rogue Squadron, Guardians 2, Ep VIII).

mongers

The 'Wizard of Oz' is on.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on December 31, 2015, 12:24:23 PM
The 'Wizard of Oz' is on.  :cool:

Been seeing that more often during the Thanksgiving and Xmas/New Years holidays.  When I was a kid, it was more of an Easter season thing.

Tonitrus

The local cable monopoly is cutting off AMC networks (so no Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, etc).

Probably time to cut the cord.  That pretty much leaves TCM and some sports as the only thing I have it for.