News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2015, 06:55:53 PM
I'd put it, without any deep thought on the question, around the 10-1 against mark.

That gives me a little hope at least.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Mad Max is picking up steam in the Oscar race; it has won a few awards and made a lot of "best of 2015" shortlists from professional and reviewer associations. I think it has a very good chance to get a Best Picture nod (now that they can nominate up to 10 flicks for it).

mongers

'Reasonable Doubt ' - that's one pedestrian film and Samual L.Jackson perfectly matched his acting to the pace of the movie.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

BBC America is showing "The Patriot"....are Brits really that self-loathing? :hmm:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 19, 2015, 12:27:22 AM
BBC America is showing "The Patriot"....are Brits really that self-loathing? :hmm:

It's a money making venture.  They're trying to attract American viewers.

Admiral Yi

What does the flying represent in Birdman?

That's my Oscar pick for best movie and best actor.  Love the long steadicam shots too.  Cool, but not overly arty.

Just saw it again and it was better than the first viewing.

The Brain

Didn't care much for Birdman.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2015, 04:20:48 AM

That's my Oscar pick for best movie and best actor.  Love the long steadicam shots too.  Cool, but not overly arty.

Birdman was already in this year's oscars. It got 4 (Best Picture, Director, Original Screenplay and Cinematography.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2015, 04:20:48 AM

Not criticising you opinion, but for some reason I ended up really disliking this film, I started out wanting to like it for the reasons you mentioned.  :hmm:

Yeah as the Larch said, it's already had it's pop at the big time.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Caught Superman Returns on the telly. I think the opening credits are the most exciting thing in that film.

Eddie Teach

Ant Man. Cheesy but very enjoyable.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on December 19, 2015, 09:11:34 AM
Not criticising you opinion, but for some reason I ended up really disliking this film, I started out wanting to like it for the reasons you mentioned.  :hmm:

As I said, it improved with viewing for me, so maybe a second viewing might be worth your while.

Razgovory

Watched a lousy film on Netflix, Harbinger down.  It was funded by kickstarter and made by people who completely misunderstood why The Thing was a good movie.  While I do admire their dedication to making a movie with animatronic puppets, their writing leaves a lot to be desired.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Sisters - fairly good though a few bits drag
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Watching "What If."  Amusing little romcom starring Harry Potter.  Eye candy is solid, even if the leading lady is more goofy cute than classic beauty.