Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Brain on October 18, 2015, 03:57:57 PM
OK Tim. I'm sure they should have Bayed it up for you. :rolleyes:

Ooh, good one.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 18, 2015, 03:53:34 PM
I like the buck toothed hottie that plays his wife.

Felicity Jones. You have good taste.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Is Bobba Fett in the new one? I like Bobba Fett.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on October 18, 2015, 04:05:49 PM

Oh FFS it's about a real story. No, Bobba Fett isn't in there.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Quote from: The Brain on October 18, 2015, 04:06:49 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 18, 2015, 04:05:49 PM

Not gonna watch it then.

Never liked Steven Hawking anyway :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on October 18, 2015, 04:06:49 PM

He should at least be in the George Lucas biopic.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on October 18, 2015, 12:42:55 PM
Is that a Death Star? Did they build another damn Death Star?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand yes. Yes they did. Except this one destroys stars, not planets.  :rolleyes:

Well at least it looks like it's got a shield. A visible one, which is odd. Hopefully it protects the exhaust ports and whatnot.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Savonarola

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 18, 2015, 06:16:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 18, 2015, 12:42:55 PM
Is that a Death Star? Did they build another damn Death Star?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand yes. Yes they did. Except this one destroys stars, not planets.  :rolleyes:

Well at least it looks like it's got a shield. A visible one, which is odd. Hopefully it protects the exhaust ports and whatnot.

Those things must be difficult to get insured now with a 100% failure rate so far.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

The 30 minutes of 47 Ronin I saw was kind of silly.

Syt

I just bought a ticket for the midnight premiere of SW7 at the IMAX. I'm such a dork. :weep:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

I'm arranging tickets myself for opening day too  :blush:

Please don't suck, I will even pretend that the movie is better than it really is, if it just doesn't suck.

Syt

I admit that I do enjoy the prequels despite all the cheese. Though that's possibly because the Clone Wars cartoons (especially the later seasons) add a lot of depth to the characters. Even if it's kind of sad that the cartoon spin off Anakin is a much more well rounded and three dimensional character than the movie version. And Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan was just spot on.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on October 19, 2015, 02:35:56 AM
I'm arranging tickets myself for opening day too  :blush:

Please don't suck, I will even pretend that the movie is better than it really is, if it just doesn't suck.

The pre-sale started today. My normal English language theater's webpage was down so I checked the portal for the local Cineplexx chain. And it turned out they still had a few decent seats in the IMAX, and are showing it in English on premiere night. Oh well, it's a €16.20 gamble that I'm willing to take.
—Stephen Jay Gould

MadImmortalMan

I'm making a point of waiting until guys like you have already been disappointed.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

I'll wait until at least the third week so the theater isn't completely packed.