News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Watched Kingsman again :bowler:  Such an outrageously fun movie. I even like Jackson's lisp. 

THAT church scene.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on July 17, 2015, 11:18:42 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 16, 2015, 10:20:05 PM
The Warriors. Dumb, forgettable movie. If you've seen the taunt by Big Chin Sean Penn lookalike and the baseball/KISS crossover gang uniform, there's no need to see the rest.

The film's deranged larger-than-life depiction of 70s gang life is pretty damn fun, imho. It's my favorite Manhattan-set adaptation of a Greek classic.

Cyrus' speech at the beginning is also a highlight.

Which Greek classic do you mean?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 17, 2015, 04:41:21 PM
The Warriors. Dumb, forgettable movie. If you've seen the taunt by Big Chin Sean Penn lookalike and the baseball/KISS crossover gang uniform, there's no need to see the rest.

The film's deranged larger-than-life depiction of 70s gang life is pretty damn fun, imho. It's my favorite Manhattan-set adaptation of a Greek classic.

The Anabasis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabasis_(Xenophon)

lustindarkness

:o :blink: :weep:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

I just realized that Temple of Doom is the only one out of all four where Indy actually accomplishes anything. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Adults who enjoy superhero movies(and comics) should be watched as potential pedos.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Everyone should be watched as a potential pedo.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on July 17, 2015, 05:13:44 PM
Everyone should be watched as a potential pedo.

Good idea.

Josephus

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 17, 2015, 05:10:47 PM
Adults who enjoy superhero movies(and comics) should be watched as potential pedos.

no. just you. :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on July 17, 2015, 05:17:55 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 17, 2015, 05:10:47 PM

no. just you. :D

THAT WASNT ME HANGING OUT AT HOT TOPIC

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on July 17, 2015, 05:02:27 PM
I just realized that Temple of Doom is the only one out of all four where Indy actually accomplishes anything. :hmm:

Hey, just because the US government squanders it doesn't mean the recovery of the Ark is not an accomplishment.

And in Last Crusade, he reconciles with his dad.  :)

Ideologue

Fair enough. :lol:

Temple is so great. :wub:
Kinemalogue

Razgovory

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 17, 2015, 05:00:44 PM

:o :blink: :weep:

Shameful isn't it?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Next thing I'll tell you I've never read any of Cicero's works.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son