Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on July 17, 2015, 10:56:18 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 17, 2015, 01:36:24 AM
Batman vs. Superman looks incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y&feature=player_embedded

Still looks like pureed ass.

Can I split the difference and say it looks like it could easily go either way?

The biggest thing is that it already looks way overstuffed, just from the trailer, which is so often the absolute bane of these superhero movies.

Speaking of which, who's seeing Ant-Man? I'm terribly enthusiastic about it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on July 17, 2015, 11:56:08 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion it may not be entomologically sound.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on July 17, 2015, 12:08:50 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 17, 2015, 11:56:08 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion it may not be entomologically sound.  :hmm:

They said the same about the Human Centipede and yet it was a huge success.

The Brain

I saw pieces of Mant in that movie. "-Would you let THAT fit you with a pump?" "-You have to put the insect aside. -Insecticide, where!!?!" It seemed OK.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Is there some way to negotiate a superhero movie moratorium?
Talk about over-saturation.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Give it a couple more years before it's run into the ground.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 17, 2015, 12:18:57 PM

With Warner joining the fray with the DC roster, is only gonna get worse. I belief we'll soon start seeing fatigue from audiences; Avengers 2 didn't make as much money as they expected.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on July 17, 2015, 12:24:39 PM

With Warner joining the fray with the DC roster, is only gonna get worse. I belief we'll soon start seeing fatigue from audiences; Avengers 2 didn't make as much money as they expected.

I think with Avengers 2 it was also a case of an overcrowded movie. Considering all the plates they had to spin it's a surprise it didn't crash and burn.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

They're even doing it to themselves with Ant Man, they know its not a good idea, yet....
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on July 11, 2015, 03:42:44 PM
Decided to give Wayward Pines another shot. Sadly, the most disturbing thing I can find in it is the fact that in the Spanish dub they gave Terrence Howard the same voice actor as Cuba Gooding Jr.

:lol:

Anyway, I watched Episode 9 last night & probably yelled "holy shit" about 5 times total.  Can't remember the last time a show made me do thta.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

I think it is going to take severe targeted sanctions.

Ideologue

Indeed.  They make as many as five a year, comprising perhaps as much as 3% of all wide releases. The threat, obviously, could not be greater.

Of course, this year, they're only releasing three.  But as they say, the price of cultural highmindedness is eternal vigilance.  I'm glad you're here to tell us what kind of movies ought to be made and discussed.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2015, 12:54:45 PM
Quote from: celedhring on July 11, 2015, 03:42:44 PM
Decided to give Wayward Pines another shot. Sadly, the most disturbing thing I can find in it is the fact that in the Spanish dub they gave Terrence Howard the same voice actor as Cuba Gooding Jr.

:lol:

Anyway, I watched Episode 9 last night & probably yelled "holy shit" about 5 times total.  Can't remember the last time a show made me do thta.

It's just that they overdo the "pulling the rug under you" too much imho. That show has so many twists and turns than at one point I'm close to not caring anymore. Still, I'm a sucker for mysteries; is this a one-season deal or are they going to pull a Lost on us? If this has a definite end I will probably keep watching.

Josephus

Wayward Pines is probably the only thing grabbing my attention on the telly these days.

But just noticed another season of Hell on Wheels is starting...didn't see that coming.  :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on July 17, 2015, 12:38:04 PM
They're even doing it to themselves with Ant Man, they know its not a good idea, yet....

Oh, and also, Ant-Man is a self-evidently great idea.  How is it a bad idea?  Shrinking powers mean cool visuals, almost by default.  A superhero heist movie?  At the very least, very interesting.  You're high.
Kinemalogue