News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on April 07, 2015, 11:24:04 AM
The world deserved more films with Mena Suvari showing skin in them.

If only we know somebody in the entertainment business who could make that happen.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

It's just not the same with 40 year old skin.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 07, 2015, 11:32:58 AM
It's just not the same with 40 year old skin.  :(

She is more like 35. Still hot.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on April 07, 2015, 11:24:04 AM
The world deserved more films with Mena Suvari showing skin in them.

We have her crazy ass dad/agent to blame for that, it seems. Or was that Thora Birch?

KRonn

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 07, 2015, 01:21:42 AM
Better Call Saul finale...

[spoiler]I'll watch it again, and maybe it just took a very roundabout way of getting there, but I'm not sure I bought his "fall to the darkside" at the end.  It seemed to kinda slouch its way there instead of a properly dramatic collapse.[/spoiler]

Yeah, I wasn't really sure how he made the [spoiler] decision to go the darkside when he had a great opportunity to work for that company. But I guess we can see it's his nature to go the darkside as we saw him running the scams with his pal, and I think he felt he could get into some, or start some, big time scams as a lawyer. And I'm thinking that he didn't really trust the big law firms to treat him right, plus he probably wanted the freedom to do as he wanted rather than be more constrained wile working for a law firm. [/spoiler]

Malthus

Quote from: KRonn on April 07, 2015, 01:06:53 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 07, 2015, 01:21:42 AM
Better Call Saul finale...

[spoiler]I'll watch it again, and maybe it just took a very roundabout way of getting there, but I'm not sure I bought his "fall to the darkside" at the end.  It seemed to kinda slouch its way there instead of a properly dramatic collapse.[/spoiler]

Yeah, I wasn't really sure how he made the [spoiler] decision to go the darkside when he had a great opportunity to work for that company. But I guess we can see it's his nature to go the darkside as we saw him running the scams with his pal, and I think he felt he could get into some, or start some, big time scams as a lawyer. And I'm thinking that he didn't really trust the big law firms to treat him right, plus he probably wanted the freedom to do as he wanted rather than be more constrained wile working for a law firm. [/spoiler]

My guess was [spoiler]that he had genuinely attempted to 'come clean" in part in order to win his brother's approval - and seeing how THAT worked out, he no longer saw any particular point to it - his brother saw him as scum no matter what he did; also, the psychological damage of that rejection made him internalize the reason for it.

Hence the interaction with Mike, where Mike relates his reason for not taking half of the $1.8 million when he had the chance: Mike's "professional ethics" (for lack of a better term). Jimmy states he simply lacks any reason to "do the right thing" anymore. [/spoiler]
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Liep

17 more episodes of Arrested Development coming. Less drug addicted Invisible Girls this time, please.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tonitrus

Quote from: Malthus on April 07, 2015, 01:23:27 PM
Hence the interaction with Mike, where Mike relates his reason for not taking half of the $1.8 million when he had the chance: Mike's "professional ethics" (for lack of a better term). Jimmy states he simply lacks any reason to "do the right thing" anymore. [/spoiler]

Hmm, [spoiler]...maybe.  And that may be the big struggle/plot point for him next season.  There is obviously underlying romantic feelings for Kim, and his turn to the dark side seems likely to threaten that.  I gotta think there is going to be something that blows up there that makes him go full-Vader/Saul. [/spoiler]

Admiral Yi

Walking Dead: most successful men's soap opera ever?

Eddie Teach

No.

A soap opera generally spends the bulk of its time developing (mostly) romantic relationships, not 5 minutes a couple times a season.

Berkut

I am overall kind of lukewarm on Saul. The finale was kind of like the entire season - well thought out as a story arc, but took way too long to get there. The entire season could have been adequately done in half the episodes, I suspect, and with a lot more punch.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sheilbh

Inside No. 9 series two. The two most interesting members of the League of Gentlemen continue to put out superlative work :w00t: :wub:

Edit: And tonight's was a take on English folk horror! :w00t: :swoon:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Tease for True Detective's 2nd season, which will start in june.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OfU7CGY5DQ

Eddie Teach

Vince Vaughn & Colin Farrell? Expectations: lowered.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 09, 2015, 05:24:11 PM
Vince Vaughn & Colin Farrell? Expectations: lowered.
Colin Farrell's a great actor with the right script. In Bruges is brilliant.
Let's bomb Russia!