News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

The secret to happy relationships is finding people who's neuroses are compatible with your own.

Ideologue

Yeah, chicks dig guys with body dysmorphic disorders.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

So, started to (re)watch "Curb Your Enthusiasm".

Finally a show that captures my attitude towards fellow human beings.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on December 12, 2014, 03:15:44 PM
The Mad Max trailer has mesmerized me completely; I must have watched it a dozen times since it came out. It's completely bonkers, the good kind of bonkers. I hope the film is just a 90 minute long chase between people that have had way too much LSD punctuated by Verdi's Requiem. It's a glorious trailer.
Same  :mmm:

I think George Miller said the film is basically entirely a chase sequence :lol: :wub:

QuoteIt's early, but I've been digging Peaky Blinders on Netflix, and I am glad the Brits gave it to us.  I think it's false to call it a Brit Boardwalk Empire, though.   
Not watched Peaky Blinders, but I will. But I find this is a common/annoying habit to brand British TV programs as a 'British x'. We had it with The Hour being described as a 'British Mad Men' which it really, really isn't.
Let's bomb Russia!

Norgy

"The Hour" succeeded in being even more boring than current "Mad Men".

Sheilbh

I loved The Hour <_<

Though I never did watch the second series.
Let's bomb Russia!

Capetan Mihali

I watched Shallow Grave, Danny Boyle's first (?) major movie, from 1994.  The plot and characterization leave a lot to be desired, but it is rich in style.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Josephus

Quote from: Norgy on December 16, 2014, 06:16:37 PM
"The Hour" succeeded in being even more boring than current "Mad Men".

People here rate current Mad Men highly. I don't.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Shallow Graveintroduced the world to Hugh Grant.

I liked that movie a lot.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Wasn't that preceded by Lair of the White Worm. :P

Anyway, I said I'd never seen a Burt Lancaster movie, but I've totes seen Run Silent, Run Deep. Kino Lorber has it on BD and I want it. But I've got to save my money and be an adult and live within my blah blah blah. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

I also kind of want to blind buy Juggernaut, because I like the title, premise, and cover art. :blush:
Kinemalogue

frunk

Black Mirror - Pretty good British sci-fi/horror anthology, think modern Twilight Zone with decent acting.  A couple of the episodes are clunkers, but that's to be expected.  Mostly it sucks that there are only six episodes.  On Netflix.

Ideologue

I've heard high buzz about Black Mirror. Wanna see.
Kinemalogue

Razgovory

You know why murder graves are always shallow?  Cause digging those bastards take for fucking ever.  Especially at night and you have to keep a gun on a guy.  You start out thinking, "Yeah, we're going to dig this so deep they'll never find him", and three hours later you going, "Right, let's just dumb some leaves over him and go to the waffle house."
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

If the victim is dead, you don't need to worry about keeping a gun on him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?