News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Batman and Superman are apples and oranges anyway.

Eddie Teach

That was rhetorical. Naturally, a few people will insist on being wrong about anything.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

I watched the cartoon version of The Tell-Tale Heart (1954):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJb150JRqpQ

This is very cool; done in a weird expressionist style and narrated by James Mason.   :cool:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

mongers

Quote from: Savonarola on December 03, 2014, 07:59:05 PM

This is very cool; done in a weird expressionist style and narrated by James Mason.   :cool:

Oh, interesting find.

Though sadly the sound breaks up really badly on my computer.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Green Zone- Kinda ho-hum. A little bit of action, a little bit of conspiracy, a little bit of politics.
Lawless- It had its moments.
Mud- Best coming-of-age drama I've seen in quite a while.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Quote from: mongers on December 03, 2014, 08:07:05 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on December 03, 2014, 07:59:05 PM

Oh, interesting find.

Though sadly the sound breaks up really badly on my computer.

I just read on IMDB that this film:

QuoteThe first animated short film to be rated X by the British Film Board of Censors.

Does the ghost of Winston Churchill haunt Mongers' computer?  :bowler:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

Green Zone is most notable for its desperate attempt to insert the Hollywood version of the Iraq War into the record.

Ed Anger

Ed's new favorite show:

The Profit on CNBC. They actually give numbers into why changes was made. Plus the business guy isn't a British jackass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Finally saw Skyfall. I think, for the fiftieth anniversary Bond, it's just about perfect. It felt like a Bond film inspired by Dean Acheson and all the better for it.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 03, 2014, 09:38:45 PM
Plus the business guy isn't a British jackass.

When the migration of the European center of banking from London to Berlin is finally completed, you won't have British jackasses to worry about, just mild-mannered-yet-somehow-still-threatening German jackasses.

MadImmortalMan

Ed's new favorite show:

The Profit on CNBC. They actually give numbers into why changes was made. Plus the business guy isn't a British jackass.

I like it too. Limonis knows his crap, and even though they have the obvious staging that all reality shows do you still get the meat out of it. I wonder how many of the bullheaded owners just acted like dicks for tv though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 03, 2014, 10:32:18 PM
Ed's new favorite show:

I like it too. Limonis knows his crap, and even though they have the obvious staging that all reality shows do you still get the meat out of it. I wonder how many of the bullheaded owners just acted like dicks for tv though.

I've seen tryhards like the skullduggery people before. Assholes rise to the top.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive