Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 04:31:43 PM
Flash Gordon.  Serenity.  John Carter.

Those are not even good movies.

The Brain

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 03, 2014, 03:10:14 PM
My wife watched Muppets Take Manhattan last night.

Quote from: Mrs. MIM
Miss Piggy is an entitled bitch and a stalker. Kermit should not marry her.

:P

How did it measure up to Friday the 13th part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on December 03, 2014, 04:30:46 PM
Watching Guardians of the Galaxy on BR. Man, finally I can pause ZaldaƱa's booty.

Love the flick. Best space opera since Star Wars*, surely?

*Haven't seen Wrath of Khan in a while.

I agree. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Eddie Teach

All better than the Lego Movie. Well, not sure about Serenity, I recall it being disappointing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Hey man, he reviews movies.  He knows what he's talking about.

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on December 03, 2014, 04:32:37 PM

Now I'm mad at you.  But mainly because you tricked me into thinking Guardians was out on BD already--in America--so I blithely went down to Wal-Mart. <_<  I guess I needed some sodas anyway, but I really wasn't in the mood to see other human beings.  I was in the mood to watch a fun space opera.  THANKS.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 05:12:47 PM
Quote from: celedhring on December 03, 2014, 04:32:37 PM

Now I'm mad at you.  But mainly because you tricked me into thinking Guardians was out on BD already--in America--so I blithely went down to Wal-Mart. <_<  I guess I needed some sodas anyway, but I really wasn't in the mood to see other human beings.  I was in the mood to watch a fun space opera.  THANKS.

Really? I'm surprised it came out here earlier than in the US.

Ideologue

Yep.  Dec. 9.  Once I looked it up on my phone, I realized I knew that already, too. -_-

Anyway, how could anyone dislike Flash Gordon?  Childhood abuse?

Serenity I can understand.  It's basically a perfect movie for people who've seen the series, and I suspect a confusing one for those who haven't.  It's rather well-made, though.  Nice long take.  Chiwetel Ejiofor is an outstanding villain.

And John Carter?  Once again, JC was misunderstood and unfairly judged by a cruel and stupid world. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 05:18:59 PM
It's basically a perfect movie for people who've seen the series,

It felt like there was a discontinuity to me...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Well, some things we didn't see happen had happened in the meantime.  That's no big deal.  I mean, WTF happened between Star Trek and The Motion Picture?  All sorts of stuff.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Flash Gordon is very, very easy to dislike.  Bad acting, bad costumes (except the jailbait lycra) bad sets, bad dialogue, bad action...

Ideologue

Not enough child slavery. :(
Kinemalogue

celedhring

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 05:18:59 PM
Yep.  Dec. 9.  Once I looked it up on my phone, I realized I knew that already, too. -_-

Anyway, how could anyone dislike Flash Gordon?  Childhood abuse?

Serenity I can understand.  It's basically a perfect movie for people who've seen the series, and I suspect a confusing one for those who haven't.  It's rather well-made, though.  Nice long take.  Chiwetel Ejiofor is an outstanding villain.

And John Carter?  Once again, JC was misunderstood and unfairly judged by a cruel and stupid world. :(

Flash Gordon is cheese, it's not a good movie. It's a "so bad it's good" movie. Even the (awesome) Queen OST is cheesy.

Serenity's far too rushed. Too confusing for anyone that hasn't watched the series, and too unfulfilling for somebody who has. There's so many huge dramatic moments that get rushed through... I'm glad they made it, mind, and gave some closure; but it's essentially an entire season crammed into a couple hours.

John Carter is bad, not horrific, but certainly not good.

lustindarkness

Ide, if it makes you feel any better, I really enjoyed John Carter and in my opinion it is a great film.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom