News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Money, you bastard. They are titans. Especially Wood.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Ptooey.  Now go buy some food, for fuck's sake.  You have enough Blu-Ray end table coasters.

Tonitrus

For this weekend's Walking Dead, the spoilerverse [spoiler]is waging big that it will be Beth that dies.  Based on the title of the episode and her being know for her musical ability.[/spoiler]

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2014, 12:57:16 AM
Little spoiled rat bastards.  In my time, you either had a red astronaut or a white astronaut.  That was it during the Cold War.  Those were your choices during the Reagan Administration.  None of this merchanidizing agreements.  We had to invent a Darth Vader Lego, goddammit.
This is patently false.  There was also a blue astronaut and a yellow astronaut.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I watched the Quick and the Dead.  Has little going for expect for sexy Sharon Stone.  I thought they were going to find out that they were in Hell, or in a space ship it was all in someone's head to explain the over use of cliche and the story the is both absurd and barely there.  No, just over use of cliche and an absurd story that is barely there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

I like the shot through the bullet hole.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Just got X-Men: DOFP, The Descent, and The Ring. Little late for Halloween, but I'm especially looking forward to The Descent, about which I have heard only good things.

Also! The Brood is on Hulu. Catching up with Cronenberg!
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on November 29, 2014, 07:59:54 PM
Little spoiled rat bastards.  In my time, you either had a red astronaut or a white astronaut.  That was it during the Cold War.  Those were your choices during the Reagan Administration.  None of this merchanidizing agreements.  We had to invent a Darth Vader Lego, goddammit.
This is patently false.  There was also a blue astronaut and a yellow astronaut.

Sounds like something Canada would do.  Metric Legos and shit.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on November 29, 2014, 08:12:27 PM
I watched the Quick and the Dead.  Has little going for expect for sexy Sharon Stone.  I thought they were going to find out that they were in Hell, or in a space ship it was all in someone's head to explain the over use of cliche and the story the is both absurd and barely there.  No, just over use of cliche and an absurd story that is barely there.

Couldn't agree more about that abomination.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

That movie sucked dead balls, very quickly.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on November 29, 2014, 08:18:14 PM
I like the shot through the bullet hole.

I liked an early scene where the you see the sun shine out of Sharon Stone's hat.  The part of the problem with the film was I couldn't tell if was a parody or a homage.  The whole premise is absurd, but it's done with deadly seriousness.  Cliche is embraced to the extreme to the point that it's actually kind of spooky like the film is possessed by the spirits of films that came before it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

It's a loving, wonderful homage.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

'Badlands' - a damn good film.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2014, 08:51:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 29, 2014, 07:59:54 PM

Sounds like something Canada would do.  Metric Legos and shit.
These were US Legos.  You just didn't get any, due to the aforementioned cheapness of your Santa and parents.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.