News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Gone Girl. Disappointing, it all felt to me like a classed-up Lifetime thriller. My main issue, that diminished greatly the material for me,[spoiler] is that since all the flashbacks from when things started to go sour in their marriage are fake, I don't know the real nature of their relationship and their problems; thus I can't really relate to Amy's motivations for doing what she does - and in this kind of movie we should have something more than "because she's a psycho!" as excuse for everything - nor I can see how Nick still depends on or needs her despite their troubles, which I need to buy the ending. Since I can't understand or relate to the characters, it ends up feeling like a cheap shock psychothriller.[/spoiler]

That said, the acting and directing are top notch. Affleck is great at playing a mumbling idiot  :hmm:

Liep

I just read that there'd be 27 new superhero movies in the next few years. WTF. Hollywood really doesn't do cash cows half hearted.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2014, 06:14:23 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 28, 2014, 06:04:18 PM
"confirmed that "Captain America 3" is actually "Captain America: Civil War."

Cap goes back in time to fight Hydra who are behind the Southern State's desire to secede from the Union?  Woah!  :P

How Timmaytacular.
Except the stupid time travel, it was the same silly scenario as the movie Abraham Lincoln Vampire hunter or something like that.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on October 29, 2014, 09:49:53 AM
I just read that there'd be 27 new superhero movies in the next few years. WTF. Hollywood really doesn't do cash cows half hearted.

I blame the comic book retards.  Grow the fuck up, people.

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2014, 09:55:17 AM

Not a comic book fan,  but I refuse to grow up.

I am good at growing out.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

viper37

Quote from: garbon on October 28, 2014, 09:32:31 PM
Is that what Montreal thinks of the residents of New York? We're so desperate we'll catch the next flight up the moment some invites us in French? :angry: :blush:
And you would never do such a thing, right? :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Wait until they start losing money ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on October 29, 2014, 10:03:41 AM
Is that what Montreal thinks of the residents of New York? We're so desperate we'll catch the next flight up the moment some invites us in French? :angry: :blush:

Try him and see.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Larch

There are waaaaaay more cinema goers watching those films that comic book nerds buying the comics themselves. Superheroes have become mainstream, deal with it.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on October 29, 2014, 10:03:41 AM

I mean, I definitely recognized the gay strip, but I've never traveled up there to surprise some man I met online*. :P

Actually what's also great is that the Montreal guy is still not over his ex and the New Yorker is like, I'm starting to think that online dating is not the way to go as I surprised this guy in Boston too and that didn't end up well either. Maybe the lesson should be don't make surprise visits to meet up with people you don't really know. <_<

*But yes from the premise of gay guy in New York meeting gay guy in Montreal,  I was like "killing me softly with his song, telling my whole life with his words" :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

The run Marvel Studio has is a bit baffling, though. Even their worst movies are still pretty watchable at this point.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Quote from: The Larch on October 29, 2014, 10:22:38 AM

There are waaaaaay more cinema goers watching those films that comic book nerds buying the comics themselves. Superheroes have become mainstream, deal with it.

That may be true, but the decline in quality has started.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on October 29, 2014, 10:37:30 AM
The run Marvel Studio has is a bit baffling, though. Even their worst movies are still pretty watchable at this point.

Don't worry, here comes DC to stink up the place.