News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

@ Seedy and Garbo, yes she is alive as she was shown in trailer for season 5.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Days of Future Past - decent, but nowhere as good as First Class. Some parts of the plot are really forced/don't make much sense ([spoiler]why do they need to bring Magneto with them to Paris, besides the fact the writers need him to screw up the whole plan?[/spoiler]), and the characters feel a bit off. But it's entertaining and everything's better with time travel. I get the feeling there was a much better movie in there though, marred by a rather flat script.

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on October 11, 2014, 01:07:08 PM
Maleficent. Not as bad as I expected, actually. Easily better than all those other awful "epic" remakes of fairy tale classics (Oz, Snowwhite and the Huntsman, Alice in Wonderland) - which admittedly isn't saying much. Jolie is entertaining and her character's pathos is engaging; and the movie isn't too long so it doesn't get the chance of becoming too annoying. [spoiler]The whole "true love" twist reminded me of Frozen, though.[/spoiler]

Still, if she isn't supposed to be evil by nature, why name her "Maleficent"?  :hmm:

I liked each of the three movies you mentioned as awful. :unsure:

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on October 11, 2014, 04:38:34 PM
Days of Future Past - decent, but nowhere as good as First Class. Some parts of the plot are really forced/don't make much sense ([spoiler]why do they need to bring Magneto with them to Paris, besides the fact the writers need him to screw up the whole plan?[/spoiler]), and the characters feel a bit off. But it's entertaining and everything's better with time travel.

I think that's because Magneto is the only one with a A-grade superpower (Xavier is a whiny bitch, so gets -50% to his dps; Wolverine and Beast are too close range; and the American Horror Story kid is a rookie).

Also, Magneto is easily my favourite character in the X-Men universe so I am not complaining.

celedhring

Quote from: Martinus on October 11, 2014, 04:41:50 PM
Days of Future Past - decent, but nowhere as good as First Class. Some parts of the plot are really forced/don't make much sense ([spoiler]why do they need to bring Magneto with them to Paris, besides the fact the writers need him to screw up the whole plan?[/spoiler]), and the characters feel a bit off. But it's entertaining and everything's better with time travel.

I think that's because Magneto is the only one with a A-grade superpower.

Also, Magneto is easily my favourite character in the X-Men universe so I am not complaining.

Not complaining either, it's just that there doesn't seem to be a valid reason for him to be there? [spoiler]Wolverine and the others just broke him from the fucking Pentagon, so pretty sure they could broke into that summit without him[/spoiler].

Anyway, emo Charles Xavier was the most annoying part of the flick.

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on October 11, 2014, 04:48:03 PM

Not complaining either, it's just that there doesn't seem to be a valid reason for him to be there? [spoiler]Wolverine and the others just broke him from the fucking Pentagon, so pretty sure they could broke into that summit without him[/spoiler].

I think Magneto was the only one who could [spoiler]overpower Raven/Mystique, imo. [/spoiler]

celedhring

Quote from: Martinus on October 11, 2014, 04:48:57 PM
Quote from: celedhring on October 11, 2014, 04:48:03 PM

I think Magneto was the only one who could [spoiler]overpower Raven/Mystique, imo. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Dunno, Charles Xavier seems to easily talk her out of it, before Magneto screws up the whole thing by trying to kill her. And if push comes to shove, Wolverine could easily have overpowered her, he's goddamn Wolverine![/spoiler]

Again, it's just that the writers needed him there.

mongers

Damn, how do you people find the time to consume all of this media?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Quote from: mongers on October 11, 2014, 05:19:50 PM

I'm single and work from home.  :cool:  :Embarrass:

Eddie Teach

They probably don't go bicycling 5 hours a day.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on October 11, 2014, 05:26:33 PM

OK, cool, but haven't you got those two smilies round the wrong way ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

How do you manage to do all the biking without a job?

celedhring

Quote from: mongers on October 11, 2014, 05:30:29 PM
Quote from: celedhring on October 11, 2014, 05:26:33 PM

OK, cool, but haven't you got those two smilies round the wrong way ?

Not really.

Savonarola

While I was grocery shopping at Publix I saw a lithe young woman with a tattoo of Boris Karloff as Frankenstein on her shoulder.

But O that I were young again
And held her in my arms!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

What, no move?  You just let her walk out?