TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 10, 2014, 11:08:57 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 10, 2014, 05:11:29 PM
'Prometheus' worth a viewing ?  :unsure:

yes

Only to see how shitty it really is.  Because everybody has to rubberneck at the fatal head-on collision.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2014, 11:11:30 PM

yes

Only to see how shitty it really is.  Because everybody has to rubberneck at the fatal head-on collision.

Still rated above Oblivion you nard.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Haven't seen that one yet.  It's in my queue, way down near the bottom.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2014, 11:18:41 PM

Cruise does well. Morgan Freeman...well..is as always.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I think they just tell Morgan Freeman where to show up the day before and just let him skim the script, do his thing and then go back to his trailer for a brandy.  He's got it down like that by now.

CountDeMoney

Hey, FX HD is showing episodes of In Living Color:lol: Man, what great stuff that was.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Ideologue on October 09, 2014, 08:59:41 PM
So harsh.  Everyone hates John Woo's American stuff.

Rightly so, I'm afraid.
Face-Off is at best an action comedy with Travolta and Cage trying to overact more than the other. Lots of old school stunts which is nice in this CGI era. Problem is, in Hong Kong Woo delivered some action movie masterpieces, which redefined the action and film noir genres. Points also for the Melville love. :). Woo in the USA, no major works I'm afraid, he's better back in China with Red Cliff (long asian version only).

CountDeMoney

Shame he had to turn his sterling reputation overseas into a pile of ass blood here.  Kinda like Roman Polanski.

CountDeMoney

All caught up with Walking Dead:  [spoiler]I knew Terminus was a bad idea; besides, that's what the post-apocalypse looks like when IT takes over.  I hope Rick kills them all.[/spoiler]

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2014, 03:15:55 AM
All caught up with Walking Dead:  [spoiler]I knew Terminus was a bad idea; besides, that's what the post-apocalypse looks like when IT takes over.  I hope Rick kills them all.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'm pretty sure those guys are Soylent Green-ers, and Tasha Yar was serving up long pig steaks.[/spoiler]

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on October 10, 2014, 11:26:53 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2014, 11:18:41 PM

Cruise does well. Morgan Freeman...well..is as always.

I did watch that a few weeks ago, but can barely remember anything about it.  Was that the one with magic water,.... oh wait, now I remember Cruise was maintaining robots and later teamed up with the 'rebel' underground.

Yeah, he was ok, not his usual annoying self. OK movie, noting special and I agree 'Prometheus' was better.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

[spoiler]As a viewer, I sort of felt insulted by the whole Terminus thing. Yes, we know these people are desperate at this point but really, they've no other options to walk into what they have to know is a trap?[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2014, 11:11:30 PM

yes

So does Prometheus get so much hate because people had such lofty expectations for it? Overall I found it just meh - completely forgettable, but not worthy of such contempt as say The Counselor deserves.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 11, 2014, 03:45:48 AM

[spoiler]I'm pretty sure those guys are Soylent Green-ers, and Tasha Yar was serving up long pig steaks.[/spoiler]

Yeah, that was my vibe, too.  Way too nice.   Kudos to Rick for noticing other peoples' stuff.   And, [spoiler]add the wide grill with what looked like a cleaning and processing area, I think you're on to something.[/spoiler]

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2014, 10:33:51 AM

[spoiler]As a viewer, I sort of felt insulted by the whole Terminus thing. Yes, we know these people are desperate at this point but really, they've no other options to walk into what they have to know is a trap?[/spoiler]

Yeah, a bit of a let down, but not enough of a show killer;  it's no BSG season 3.5 just yet.  [spoiler]The last couple episodes, between the girls and Carl's close call as Deliverance dinner theater, have been pretty hardcore. But, yeah, how could they not know it was either a trap or Mormons?  One would think, knowing what they know, and they experiences they've had with other groups, the Spidey Senses would be tingling.  Personally, I would've gone nowhere near Terminus once I eyeballed it.  Too neat, too tidy.

Now, as a viewer, I would be insulted if we ever saw Beth again.  She's somebody's trophy now, and there are no happy endings for little blonde sweetie pies in that kind of world.[/spoiler]

I think, as the show progresses and more time elapses into the Age of Zombie, humanity's simply becoming more feral.   Rick showed us that.

And I would pistol whip Eugene until his mullet fell out, just on GP.  You all know he's full of shit, right?