News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

I finally saw The LEGO Movie.  I liked it a lot.  My parents both saw it and hated it.  This explains a lot about my childhood I think. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ideologue

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 21, 2014, 08:00:14 PM
I finally saw The LEGO Movie.  I liked it a lot.

:)

QuoteMy parents both saw it and hated it.  This explains a lot about my childhood I think. :(

:(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

FunkMonk

Edge of Tomorrow was immense fun and I heartily recommend watching it, even if just as a rental in a few months.

The only thing it lacked was more Bill Paxton. Easily my favorite character in the movie.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

I've not seen this before. Fantastic watchmen deleted scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdJHIE8Na4s
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 21, 2014, 10:41:40 PM
Edge of Tomorrow was immense fun and I heartily recommend watching it, even if just as a rental in a few months.

The only thing it lacked was more Bill Paxton. Easily my favorite character in the movie.  :lol:

:yes: I liked it too. Tom Cruise can act when he wants to.

The Brain

You would act too if it happened to you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2014, 05:53:00 PM
Television takes a perfectly good good book, probably my favorite post-apocalyptic novel of all time, and it gets Michael Bayed right in the Tomahawk VLS.  Yahoo.

Gee, let's change the novel from global nuclear war to pandemic, and why?  Because then there's a chance for a happy ending.  FUCK AMERICAN AUDIENCES THERE ARE NO HAPPY ENDINGS FUCK

I give it 5 preemptive first strike  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: out of  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: for fucking up the ENTIRE BASIC PREMISE OF THE NOVEL'S PLOT

Gotta say that premise if pretty intriguing, pity it looks like they have gone the stupid route when adapting it.

Looks like TV can't do apocalypse without dumbing it down, for each TWD there's a myriad of Revolution and Falling Skies.

Admiral Yi

The Day After was pretty solid.

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on June 22, 2014, 06:17:42 AM

Well, they are part of the DVD/bluray cut.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2014, 09:21:26 AM
The Day After was pretty solid.

I admit to have never seen that one. But I saw Wooops!  :lol:

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on June 22, 2014, 09:51:07 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 22, 2014, 06:17:42 AM

Well, they are part of the DVD/bluray cut.

Yep.  I have no idea why they cut this from the theatrical release since it's one of the best scenes in the film.  I guess they were under pressure to cut anything, and that could be lost due to not having an absolutely necessary plot function.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

I saw the Edge of Tomorrow.  I've decided that Tom Cruise is the new king of science fiction.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

I can buy that.

And where the hell have you been?
Kinemalogue

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on June 22, 2014, 05:47:38 PM
I can buy that.

And where the hell have you been?
I've been taking a break.  It's made me a better person.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.