News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Anybody else keeping up with Halt and Catch Fire?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

The blonde chick's hair is too short.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Watched some How its Made tonight.  Now I know how HOpi wooden figurines are made as well as cast iron bathtubs.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Darth Wagtaros

Well I don't.  You never know when you might be called upon to make a custom made motorcycle fuel tank.
PDH!

Ed Anger

I spent several months stuck watching it. I learned so much in so much boredom.  :cry:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 16, 2014, 08:46:33 PM
The blonde chick's hair is too short.

Yeah, I like the engineer's wife better.

Ed Anger

I only watch the commercials.

jimmy olsen

Woah, hadn't watched this since I was a kid. Forgot how ridiculous it was.

Home Alone - The Casualty Report

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8WKgNyvsNDM
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Even I'm having trouble making an Alt-hist scenario where this is plausible. WTF :bleeding:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41288

QuoteJohn Cusack Picks Up Dragon Blade
With Adrien Brody in Jackie Chan's latest

15 June 2014  |  Written by James White  |  Source: Variety

A $65 million price tag might seem like pocket change to the likes of James Cameron, but Dragon Blade's budget makes it one of the three most expensive films shot in China. With Jackie Chan in the lead, the producers are aiming for even more international appeal, hiring John Cusack and Adrien Brody to co-star.

Daniel Lee is busy marshalling the troops for this, a period action film that sees Roman soldiers encountering Chinese warriors. Cusack is set as Lucius, a Roman general who marches a legion into China, while Brody will be the villain, a power hungry type known as Tiberius, who has overthrown his own Consul and is chasing after our hero with 100,000 troops.

Lucius will naturally need a little help, and he finds it in the shape of Chan's character, commander of the protectorate of the western regions, who wants to protect his country's borders. Lee has finished up the studio portion of the film already, and is headed into the Gobi Desert. While Asian territories have already snapped up rights to the movie, there's no word yet on which company might release it over here.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 17, 2014, 07:05:56 AM
Even I'm having trouble making an Alt-hist scenario where this is plausible. WTF :bleeding:

Easy enough, Romans develop steam engine and railroad, roll over Parthians and Indians.

jimmy olsen

Let me rephrase "plausible scenario"

1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 17, 2014, 07:12:43 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 17, 2014, 07:05:56 AM

Easy enough, Romans develop steam engine and railroad, roll over Parthians and Indians.

Hero of Alexandria FTW!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Looks nice :)

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/06/12/david-ayers-tank-war-epic-fury-gives-us-its-first-look-1496117?lt_source=external,manual,manual#!Z3oAZ

QuoteDavid Ayers Tank War Epic Fury Gives Us its First Look
By Colm S. Herronon June 13th, 2014 at 12:18am· 4k saw this· 4+ people are talking

The first footage from David Ayer's Fury has arrived online. The video explains that they are shooting the film with a very classic approach using film and Anamorphic lenses. This essentially is how the classics like The Godfather, Apocalypse Now and Gone With the Wind were shot; essentially large canvas, confident images with less cutting for drama. It's relatively rare to shoot that way these days but Tarantino and some others still swear by it. The footage from Fury looks great so far and, coupled with the fact they are shooting on film, I think this one will be a movie worth catching at the theater.

Check out the clip below:

I have to say that I think this looks great. Even just the colors from the images in this video look very rich. There are tones of both Apocalypse Now and Saving Private Ryan in here and perhaps one of the things I like the look of most is the practical action that's being used.

Fury follows a small tank unit at the end of WWII as they make a brave choice to go behind enemy lines alone to attack one of the last weak points of the German offensive. Attracting such actors as Brad Pitt, Jason Isaacs and Michael Peña this is shaping up to be a quality piece from all sides .

1 Karma Chameleon point