News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Saw a midnight showing of "Big Trouble In Little China" last night, walked in without knowing what to expect.  Oh boy. :lol:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

katmai

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 06, 2014, 06:01:39 PM
Saw a midnight showing of "Big Trouble In Little China" last night, walked in without knowing what to expect.  Oh boy. :lol:
I had no idea they did midnight showings of it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on April 06, 2014, 05:58:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2014, 05:47:16 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 06, 2014, 05:16:02 PM
To what extent do you guys think Show Hannibal is capable of empathetic relationships?

Zero.
I disagree.  I think it's completely warped, but weirdly it is there.  He's less classically Anti-Social than just completely, totally warped.  Hannibal is kind of a Milton-y Satan; he is fascinated by humanity, and enjoys it, but derives his best pleasure from observing and warping it.

Don't confuse empathic relationships with transactional relationships.

CountDeMoney

That's an awesome pick for a midnight showing.  :lol: Better than running Rocky Horror for years.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2014, 06:02:56 PM
To what extent do you guys think Show Hannibal is capable of empathetic relationships?

Zero.
I disagree.  I think it's completely warped, but weirdly it is there.  He's less classically Anti-Social than just completely, totally warped.  Hannibal is kind of a Milton-y Satan; he is fascinated by humanity, and enjoys it, but derives his best pleasure from observing and warping it.

:ph34r:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Queequeg

It was weird seeing Kim Catrall before she replaced her entire body with a Ghost in the Shell like total body prosthesis. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Zero.

[spoiler]Fuller has gone on record saying that Hannibal has something approaching real friendship feelings for Will.  He views him as one of the few people on earth capable of understanding his psychology and worthy of understanding him.  He's also gone out of his way to make sure he doesn't have to act against Alana, and I think whatever he did to Abigail he did with a degree of reluctance. 

What I love about the second season is that Hannibal's Magus-y psychic driving is working.  Will Graham is stronger, smarter, and willing to go to the dark places that Hannibal wanted him to go to.  This makes him a far more competent enemy, but I think Hannibal really respects him for it.  I love that Hannibal's response to Graham trying to kill him was "Jolly good try, old sport!"[/spoiler]
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

Quote from: Queequeg on April 06, 2014, 06:04:28 PM
It was weird seeing Kim Catrall before she replaced her entire body with a Ghost in the Shell like total body prosthesis.
:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Queequeg

Quote from: Ideologue on April 06, 2014, 06:12:18 PM
:lol:
Glad someone appreciated that.

Admiral Yi

My favorite midnight movie is still Disney's "The Jungle Book."

Queequeg

I've done The Room a bunch of times, introduced it at Chambana's local art theater a few times. 

CountDeMoney

Between that and Mannequin, that was plenty of whack off material to think about during Iran-Contra.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2014, 06:04:14 PM

:ph34r:

I haven't caught up yet with the episodes.   :mad: :ph34r:

Queequeg

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2014, 06:24:12 PM

Between that and Mannequin, that was plenty of whack off material to think about during Iran-Contra.
Oh, shit, she was in that.  How ironic is it that the actress most famous for being a mannequin would eventually be made out of plastic? 

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2014, 06:04:04 PM

That's an awesome pick for a midnight showing.  :lol: Better than running Rocky Horror for years.

I went to a Rocky Horror midnight show. Bleh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive